Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

Melanie Marie

Legendary member
Website
www.bizdustry.com
Credits
I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never been strict because I know what it takes to be an employee. I make business very official and outside the business, it is unofficial with my employees.

I have never been strict because I know what it takes to be an employee. I make business very official and outside the business, it is unofficial with my employees.
It is the best thing to adopt because, if you are too strict to the employees , they wouldn't be free to liaise with you whenever there is a problem or a development in the organisation.

It is the best thing to adopt because, if you are too strict to the employees , they wouldn't be free to liaise with you whenever there is a problem or a development in the organisation.
Most importantly most of the employees would not devulge the necessary informations on how to move the business forward if you are too strict and not accommodating.

Been the boss of a company, I know that there is always time for everything and I won't try to denied anyone of his free time. when it's time for business, I will be very strict so that work can get done.

Been the boss of a company, I know that there is always time for everything and I won't try to denied anyone of his free time. when it's time for business, I will be very strict so that work can get done.
It is not really good to be too strict as a boss because a lot of things might ensue from this . When you're not too strict there are possibilities that your employees would relate with you if there's any potential problem.

I'm not overly bossy but I set the lines, I try to create a relationship between me and my workers and also let them understand that I'm their boss and certain things shouldn't be done in my presence or even absence. Being too strict doesn't make you a better boss, it only keep your employees far form you.

Well, I work both online and offline. My boss at where I work offline is not strict. But I always strict with myself when I work online. I set a daily target and unless I meet the target, I don't sleep because I work mostly at night. The self discipline I imposed on myself drive me to work very hard at my offline work

I actually don't work for anybody offline and i can say I'm my own boss and very strick with myself. I don't know the reason for it but i usually think I've not done enough or better after completing a work

Discipline is something that has always kept me pushing. For example I am always not going to rest unless I complete all my task that I have set for myself that if.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the fact that you are not working for anybody. Important thing is that you should make money and that is why discipline is always going to be a very important virtue.

Most importantly most of the employees would not devulge the necessary informations on how to move the business forward if you are too strict and not accommodating.
If the employees are treated very badly by the employe, it will be very difficult for them to share their thoughts on how to move the business forward because they wouldn't be free with the employer.

Being the boss of my own business I will only try to be strict to my employees for some times in order to know whether I can trust them working for me or even running my business or not,

Being the boss of my own business I will only try to be strict to my employees for some times in order to know whether I can trust them working for me or even running my business or not,
An employer should not be too soft and not be too strict because rigidity could result in so many bad things in business. You should try to create a balance between the both.

If the employees are treated very badly by the employe, it will be very difficult for them to share their thoughts on how to move the business forward because they wouldn't be free with the employer.
It should be done moderately because if you're not too strict, it will be regarded as being too soft and some employees may take advantage of that.

An employer should not be too soft and not be too strict because rigidity could result in so many bad things in business. You should try to create a balance between the both.
Yeah that is for sure in terms to the old workers but it will take time for one to understand such that he or she have to make a balance between being strict and soft at times and to a new worker is very good that one should be strict at the first time with them.

Yeah that is for sure in terms to the old workers but it will take time for one to understand such that he or she have to make a balance between being strict and soft at times and to a new worker is very good that one should be strict at the first time with them.
Being moderate is what is necessary here, because when it comes to business , you need to apply some level of strictness, but you shouldn't be too rigid with it..

Well if I will be the boss of any company, I will be very strict in duty performance because if you are not strict, it will be very difficult to achieved your goals from the employees.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the fact that you are not working for anybody. Important thing is that you should make money and that is why discipline is always going to be a very important virtue.
Yes, one doesn't have to work for an organization or individual before he imbibe the future of self discipline. Without discipline, making money will not be easy.

In this case what I will call it is discipline. You want to be essentially very recently I need to have a chance to not be procrastinating as a freelancer and be skipping deadlines.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds