Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Bad and Good Names for a Site

Jason

Royal member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
I run a drumming site and not to be jealous, but I don't like the name Drumeo. Well, Drumeo.com is the most popular drum lesson site on the net, to the point of seeming like a monopoly.

🤢

Short. Contains keyword. dotcom. What's not to like?

drumdrum.com? :D All depends on your content. If you'd exist as long as drumeo does, then you would also have a high ranking. Domain age, content, bounce rate, etc. all provide a good ranking, but isn't done overnight. It takes years.

There are a number of factors to consider. One thing to keep in mind, make it easy to tell someone else. Another factor -- Search engines. Find out what people search for that you would want to find your site, what term/phrase. If possible, use that phrase for the domain name - or make the phrase part of the domain.

Honestly it's a matter of preference, though the length of the domain name could make it either more difficult or easier for SEO. Drumeo does sound odd to me but maybe the person who owns the site is named Romeo and wanted to name it after them but also add their hobby in the name too. :p

...maybe the person who owns the site is named Romeo and wanted to name it after them but also add their hobby in the name too. :p
lol... nope, Jared Falk :D. Drumeo stands for Drum Education Online. I've been a member of Drumeo since it first launched. It is an amazing resource for drummers of all skill levels (Beginner to Pro). I mean, even if you are just a steering wheel drummer, it's a great resource :)

Honestly I’ve seen new sites with extensions rank fast for some keywords I track. Not sure your budget but Drum.online 650$ drum.tech drum.wiki ~150$

otherwise sign up on Expired domains and filter .com available and type drum, maybe you find one in a week, maybe a year lol.
I’ve found some that I’ve sold for up to 1200$ but I check it very often.

Some good sort filters is domain length but you have to look through pages of crappy short domains, most recently dropped sorting option Is a good one too as it’s the freshest domains. Backlinks can find good domains but sometimes can be tricky cause some are not always good backlinks.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor