Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ask Mace

What are your latest designs? :)
Oh, I'm really not sure. I design on a daily basis, but I no longer work specifically as a designer. I've attached some software I quite recently designed; it's probably not very interesting to you... haha. It's part of a series of software (of which 2 are now fully functioning applications).

Is Mace your real name?
It's what people call me. My name is Macy-Lynn. :)

Attachments

• memoria-pro.png
    memoria-pro.png
    520.4 KB · Views: 4
Oh, I'm really not sure. I design on a daily basis, but I no longer work specifically as a designer. I've attached some software I quite recently designed; it's probably not very interesting to you... haha. It's part of a series of software (of which 2 are now fully functioning applications).

It's what people call me. My name is Macy-Lynn. :)
It’s nice though! Very cool to see the design come to life in an app I imagine. We’re gonna have a custom theme soon, care to design it? 😃😜

Last edited:
It’s nice though! Very cool to see the design come to life in an app I imagine. We’re gonna have a custom theme soon, care to design it? 😃😜

Sure is, and I think it's refreshing to work on software for a change. :) I don't normally do that, but I had to recreate some (very old) software that is causing issues for customers. I also designed an entirely new piece of software to match those applications.

And yeah, of course I can design you something. We'll figure something out. :p

Do you know how to code?

I do. I currently work as a creative director, which in this case means "all-round designer, front-end developer that occasionally dives into back-end as well, and marketer" (yeah, it's a pretty multifaceted job... haha) and I'm a freelance creative developer as well (mostly design + front-end).

How did you find such a job? Is it remote or in an office?
I am employed in an office. In fact, it is only a 15-minute drive from my house.

I originally applied for a position that was being advertised as a "frontend developer" at the time, but eventually they needed more than just that. I have a background in marketing communications (which I also studied), and I have worked as a creative developer (design + frontend) for advertising agencies in the past, so we created a new role that includes everything needed to create whatever is needed. From that point on, I also started doing more backend development.

I do really like my role this way; like I said, it's very multifaceted, and I can do something else every day, which helps keep the work enjoyable. 😊

I am employed in an office. In fact, it is only a 15-minute drive from my house.

I originally applied for a position that was being advertised as a "frontend developer" at the time, but eventually they needed more than just that. I have a background in marketing communications (which I also studied), and I have worked as a creative developer (design + frontend) for advertising agencies in the past, so we created a new role that includes everything needed to create whatever is needed. From that point on, I also started doing more backend development.

I do really like my role this way; like I said, it's very multifaceted, and I can do something else every day, which helps keep the work enjoyable. 😊
Sounds so awesome. Would you ever want to own your own agency?

Sounds so awesome. Would you ever want to own your own agency?
Probably, yes!

I’m not planning on starting my actual own business anytime too soon, though, as I am working on getting my BSc in Software Engineering (as I am starting to do more with software) and I am still really enjoying my work at the company I work at. 😊

As a freelancer, I do of course have a business registered with the KvK, though.

Were you self-taught or went to college?
Self-taught (as far as design & development goes). I did go to college, but I studied Marketing Communications. That’s why I am now working on getting my BSc in Software Engineering (just for the diploma, basically). :)

What game show do you think you'd be very good at?
None / none you would know. Haha. I am terrible at 'non digital' games.

What would you call a male ladybug?
Because 'lady' does not relate to a female (but rather to Maria), it's definitely fine to name them ladybugs. ;-) In my language, their name actually refers to Jesus rather than Maria, although we do have synonyms for their names that refer to Maria as well - and even names that do not have any Christian inspiration.

None / none you would know. Haha. I am terrible at 'non digital' games.

Because 'lady' does not relate to a female (but rather to Maria), it's definitely fine to name them ladybugs. ;-) In my language, their name actually refers to Jesus rather than Maria, although we do have synonyms for their names that refer to Maria as well - and even names that do not have any Christian inspiration.
WOW, i actually did know this.... i'm shocked. wow....

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest