Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ask BZ Questions

He lives in the same house as I do.

lunch for myself yesterday via one of those fast food delivery services

He lives in the same house as I do.

lunch for myself yesterday via one of those fast food delivery services
I love fast food, it's almost an addiction. What did you get?
What part of being on forums do you look back to with the most joy?

Being it has been a month ago, I don't remember. lol

I'd say the most important part about forums I look back to with joy would be the positive impact I had on the many people I have encountered throughout the years. I find it as the only thing that really matters in the end.

If I had to create a forum, it would have to be....

1. A forum I could properly provide content on that I was actually passionate about. A person who is passionate about something can and will easily see through the efforts of someone running a board on a subject they genuinely don't care about. You aren't fooling anyone with your attempt to " fake it till you make it".

2. It would have to be a forum that was either doing something no one else was doing that people would like to see someone doing or doing something that others are doing but doing it better. If you aren't needed then you won't last long as people will stick with the already established boards that have proven themselves adequate to their needs. If you are doing something that fulfills a need that is not being taken care of then people will eventually take note and give you a chance. Take note that a typical person doesn't have much time to spare to give you a chance so it might take a while to move someone to want to take a chance with you. If you show yourself as someone who doesn't value their time nearly as they value it then they will never bother to give you a chance. Why entrust your most precious commodity(time) into the hands of someone who clearly shown themselves to not value it? You could in theory could provide a list of things you can do without X with X being anything but time. However if the X was time, you couldn't provide a list of things you could do without it or even offer a single thing you could do without time which is why time is everyone's most valuable commodity.

3. A forum that I was ready to make into a long term commitment to. I don't easily give myself permission to quit on anything. A lot of people give plenty of room to quitting and are somehow surprised when so much of what they attempt ends up failing because of it. A good way to prevent quitting from getting a lot of room in your mind is to have a good reason as to why you shouldn't A strong "why" that pushes you forward will keep you from succumbing easily to the temptation to quit when things get tough and things WILL get tough for you at some point. Sometimes the only thing that will get you through those tough times is that reason why you started in the first place. The more the why you given yourself has to do with others rather then yourself will determine how effective it is at pushing you forward. The more self centered your why is, the more likely you will quit and therefore fail and the more other centered it is the more likely you will push forward through difficult situations.

As for specific genre, I couldn't really give you one as I would have to actually want to create a forum to provide a genre. My first board was a writing board and my second board I created was general chat. Both boards followed the above list to a T and were by my standards successful because of it.

If I had to create a forum, it would have to be....

1. A forum I could properly provide content on that I was actually passionate about. A person who is passionate about something can and will easily see through the efforts of someone running a board on a subject they genuinely don't care about. You aren't fooling anyone with your attempt to " fake it till you make it".

2. It would have to be a forum that was either doing something no one else was doing that people would like to see someone doing or doing something that others are doing but doing it better. If you aren't needed then you won't last long as people will stick with the already established boards that have proven themselves adequate to their needs. If you are doing something that fulfills a need that is not being taken care of then people will eventually take note and give you a chance. Take note that a typical person doesn't have much time to spare to give you a chance so it might take a while to move someone to want to take a chance with you. If you show yourself as someone who doesn't value their time nearly as they value it then they will never bother to give you a chance. Why entrust your most precious commodity(time) into the hands of someone who clearly shown themselves to not value it? You could in theory could provide a list of things you can do without X with X being anything but time. However if the X was time, you couldn't provide a list of things you could do without it or even offer a single thing you could do without time which is why time is everyone's most valuable commodity.

3. A forum that I was ready to make into a long term commitment to. I don't easily give myself permission to quit on anything. A lot of people give plenty of room to quitting and are somehow surprised when so much of what they attempt ends up failing because of it. A good way to prevent quitting from getting a lot of room in your mind is to have a good reason as to why you shouldn't A strong "why" that pushes you forward will keep you from succumbing easily to the temptation to quit when things get tough and things WILL get tough for you at some point. Sometimes the only thing that will get you through those tough times is that reason why you started in the first place. The more the why you given yourself has to do with others rather then yourself will determine how effective it is at pushing you forward. The more self centered your why is, the more likely you will quit and therefore fail and the more other centered it is the more likely you will push forward through difficult situations.

As for specific genre, I couldn't really give you one as I would have to actually want to create a forum to provide a genre. My first board was a writing board and my second board I created was general chat. Both boards followed the above list to a T and were by my standards successful because of it.
I would actually love to see you create a forum again. If you ever decided to do so at least. :) But you've posted some very valid points there, kudos to you!

I was a fanfic writer over at fanfiction.net and after a while I got an invitation to join the Dark Icon Writers(DIW) lead by a man named Dimitri Plabato. I accepted and he invited me to join two forums which where Shinji's Good sharing inc.(Shinji's) and Loser's paradise(LP). The first board was the home of the DIW until the owner of that board and the leader of the DIW had a falling out and said owner banned everyone from the DIW who were members there regardless if they were actual members or just close associates. We then moved everything to LP until the owner of that board made a very poor decision(long story in of itself here as to what that decision was and the backstory behind it) which killed the DIW, LP and ultimately led to the birth of a new writing group called the Phoenix Souls which would be led by myself whose home would be BZ Fanfiction Studio which was my first board which I opened around the time we left Shinji's board. that's a rather condensed version of my early days on forums. I could give the longer story if anyone's interested.

I haven't met anyone famous.

I was a fanfic writer over at fanfiction.net and after a while I got an invitation to join the Dark Icon Writers(DIW) lead by a man named Dimitri Plabato. I accepted and he invited me to join two forums which where Shinji's Good sharing inc.(Shinji's) and Loser's paradise(LP). The first board was the home of the DIW until the owner of that board and the leader of the DIW had a falling out and said owner banned everyone from the DIW who were members there regardless if they were actual members or just close associates. We then moved everything to LP until the owner of that board made a very poor decision(long story in of itself here as to what that decision was and the backstory behind it) which killed the DIW, LP and ultimately led to the birth of a new writing group called the Phoenix Souls which would be led by myself whose home would be BZ Fanfiction Studio which was my first board which I opened around the time we left Shinji's board. that's a rather condensed version of my early days on forums. I could give the longer story if anyone's interested.

I haven't met anyone famous.
I recall the name LP. I feel like Mike and his brother Brian were there.... Darkie I believe was one of their usernames. I know I met them originally on GSF, but I know I joined a few forums based on that and my interest in fan fictions around that time as well! Makes sense we came across each other back then! You're helping me piece together things I had forgotten myself xD

What was your fanfiction usually involving?

Based on Love Hina and were comedy in nature. I haven't written anything in a very long time as my interest in it waned a long time ago.

I can't think of any WiFi names that are even remotely interesting.

Do you see yourself doing something new in the next couple of years?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest