Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Appropriate Work Attire

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
What is appropriate work attire? Should a businessman wear a tie to be taken seriously? How should a woman in business dress?

Advertisement Placeholder
What is appropriate work attire? Should a businessman wear a tie to be taken seriously? How should a woman in business dress?

I live in a country where most of the people in banks wear a proper office dress. Some men in many big business organizations also wear office dresses. However, ladies in those offices wear traditional dresses and they never wear dresses that are worn by women in western countries. I think it depends on the country and the culture of every country.

I think you should wear whatever is appropriate for the occasion. There is a standard corporate business attire for jobs and meeting, sometimes it depends on the country as well.

what i have come to observed is that some contries just have this preset rules for business and corporate oraganisationsand that is what would be adopted in that clime,i think it is culturally define.

It depends on the type of job though.But I will love to work in a place where I dress formally,i'm already used to dressing that way due to my profession.

Appropriate work attire can at some point deprive you of some benefit if not adorn in some companies, at point can lead to your lost of job if not adhered to. In some companies like safety companies nobody needs to tell you that your PPE is your saving attire. So appropriate work attire is key.

The men can wear clean and well ironed shirts and trousers and can choose to tuck in or not while the ladies can dress in good clothes that do not expose their body shape and which do not make them look sexy, clothes that would cover them up properly. I am saying this because many companies today are making the female dress code a sexy and breast-revealing type, they feel that should attract more customers, I am totally against such immorality.

Well depending on your kind of business I'm a young man that runs a poultry and I love my jeans and t-shirt and people see you to be unserious because I'm not always on native.

The appropriate work attire should be a smart wear. A dress that can make you smart and prompt should be worn and with decency.

Appropriate attire for woman should be simple blouse and skirt while for a male worker should be trouser and shirt with smart tie

It depends on the nature of the work, culture and environment or country. Cooperate organisation usually dress formally with the traditional suit and tie.

I don't think a businessman should wear tie always. He can wear tie if he have appointments with multinationals companies. Apart from that he can dress be on casual wear provided he is always neat and decent. Same applies to business woman.

It depends on the company. Most organizations today, they usually have a dress code for their workers. In that way the workers do not have to worry about what to wear. For an organization with no such rule, the main focus should on wearing what you you can comfortably go about your daily duties at the office and at the same time decent

Appropriate office attire depends on the company or business organizations concerned. Each company dictate the appropriate attire they expect their employees to wear.

It all depends on your work and what your work entails , so if you work in the field you need to wear something protecting , but if you work in the office you just have to wear the normal suit and tie

Dress the way you want to be addressed. You can't appear shabbily because you own your business but dress with a nice fragrance which can attract your customers to you.

I would never want to work in a company that has a business dress code. I would like to wear what ever is comfortable to be without offending other people. I means I would not wear bikini but I could wear shorts.

I think dressing modestly is the best attire that a woman should wear. It could not necessarily be a tie or too official clothing like a suit but just dressing in clothes that don't show too much skin or that are not too tight is the best for them.

I would never want to work in a company that has a business dress code. I would like to wear what ever is comfortable to be without offending other people. I means I would not wear bikini but I could wear shorts.
No one expects you to wear bikini. Sometimes even shorts can be offensive when it is too short. You need to wear decent dress but the definition of decency differs according to person

I am of the opinion that every business person should be able to dress decently. I can not patronise someone I see dressing tattered or indecent.
If the kind of work done requires a tie, then he should knot a tie.

Appropriate attire depends the company you are working can make one to dress very well, if actually you are working at the bank you can dress well or those that worked that the office as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds