Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Appropriate Work Attire

I am of the opinion that every business person should be able to dress decently. I can not patronise someone I see dressing tattered or indecent.
If the kind of work done requires a tie, then he should knot a tie.
Exactly, no matter the attire or dress code, decency and modesty is very important in any business organisation. I don't thnk I be willing to patronize the business if they are not well and neatly dressed.

Advertisement Placeholder
The nature of your business is what's going to determine the kind of attire you are supposed to be wear for work. If it's a cooperate work, you must dress in a cooperate way.

It depends on the type of job though.But I will love to work in a place where I dress formally,i'm already used to dressing that way due to my profession.
A working attire should be based on the type of work done. Just like I have never seen a civil engineer who is working on a site wearing a suit, and a farmer wearing a formal wear to the farm.

It depends on the type of job though.But I will love to work in a place where I dress formally,i'm already used to dressing that way due to my profession.
I think it depends on the organization involved. Most organizations and firms usually require staff to appear in formal dressing with a tie or suit during work hours.

It is advisable that every business owner and worker to dress decently, both men and women are expected to wear responsible clothes,in the case of ladies,cloth that will cover all parts in her.

In my country dressing is one of the most important things people look at. Everyone is just expected to dress properly at all times. They easily pass judgement from the mere dressing of a fellow and would express their concerns openly. To prevent this in a work place, the staff has to dress cooperately

I think you should wear whatever is appropriate for the occasion. There is a standard corporate business attire for jobs and meeting, sometimes it depends on the country as well.
That is it. Every countries has it own different corperate dressing and the nature of the interview. Some interview may require one to come in his or her native wear.

In my country dressing is one of the most important things people look at. Everyone is just expected to dress properly at all times. They easily pass judgement from the mere dressing of a fellow and would express their concerns openly. To prevent this in a work place, the staff has to dress ccooper
True, even the company itself are being judged by how the employees dress. I have seen cases whereby some companies are accused of selling their employees, especially the females just to get clients. Have you come across such cases?

True, even the company itself are being judged by how the employees dress. I have seen cases whereby some companies are accused of selling their employees, especially the females just to get clients. Have you come across such cases?
I have been to a hotel with a friend and he pointed at a lady and said "she's just dressing like that to attract customers". I was shocked cos my reasoning did not even go there

Well, in the corporate world there is way of dressing and it is important to stick to the code to be taken seriously especially if you operate within the confines of that structure.

i would say it all depends on the type of business. A business that requires alot of labour requires casual clothes while those that requires alot of meetings requires office wear. Decency should be the key thing in a work attire.

Yes, in most cases a business man wearing a tie should be taken seriously because he has obeyed a simple business ethic, ie, dress the way you want to be addressed. On the other hand, there is no particular way a woman in business should dress: the major aim is to look smart beneath, look corporate and follow other business ethics not forgetting that she is a female.

In most big companies here particularly in offices there is a dress code. Banks and other big companies have their company uniform that is issued to the employees. In factories the usual uniform are t-shirts with print of their company. It is also issued free of charge to the workers. For me, it is important for a worker to wear the uniform for proper identification.

This depends on where you are working. Business men refer wearing jacket but
In some countries where dress code is more casual, you won't need to wear a blazer or jacket.

I have been to a hotel with a friend and he pointed at a lady and said "she's just dressing like that to attract customers". I was shocked cos my reasoning did not even go there
That's just it, some persons might not think this but there are lots of persons who will. In some cases the employees might even have this in mind but how they dress would start giving others the ideas.

Well, an appropriate work attire can not be the same depending on the kind of work or job carried out be people. some may be office workers, some engineers, health personnel etc. so there working attire can not be the same.

Appropriate work attire depends on the work involved, if it's an office work then cooperate wears is key but if it's engineering in nature then your PPE should be the best option.

That's just it, some persons might not think this but there are lots of persons who will. In some cases the employees might even have this in mind but how they dress would start giving others the ideas.
There's a saying that says you're addressed the way you are dressed, I believe it to be very true. To avoid being misinterpreted one must dress appropriately, don't you think so?

You need to dress the way you need to be addressed and for people to take you seriously. Though there are some attires that are peculiar or advisable to some professionals, I think that a level of corporate attire should always be put on at least thrice a week.

There's a saying that says you're addressed the way you are dressed, I believe it to be very true. To avoid being misinterpreted one must dress appropriately, don't you think so?
That's very true, I once had a friend who on her social media, she usually drop Provocative pictures and this has made alot of persons approach her online but in reality she is not even that kind of person but nobody believes that cause of how she dresses.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds