Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Anyone using About.me for SEO

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
About.me is a free one page website service that you can use to create a portfolio website, landing page, or even create backlinks for your site. You can also use your custom domain with about.me by paying fees. Have you used about.me for SEO, or other purpose?
Well, I tried about.me in the pasyt but later left when I started my own self hosted website.

I've never actually heard of this website before, I'm going to look into setting up a page to see what it's all about.

About me website is just a platform to create your or your company profile. Using no follow so can not consider as backlinks, So its not helpful in SEO but helping in branding. Other thing is this types of platform save spammer also from blacklisting or Google penalty to his main website. They will use about me profile link to all platforms to generate traffic, In case of website which are not related to your niche and full with spam ..... spammer use these types of link on place of his main website URL.

In short this type of link not helpful in SEO but you can use to boost your branding and additional traffic.

About me website is just a platform to create your or your company profile. Using no follow so can not consider as backlinks, So its not helpful in SEO but helping in branding. Other thing is this types of platform save spammer also from blacklisting or Google penalty to his main website. They will use about me profile link to all platforms to generate traffic, In case of website which are not related to your niche and full with spam ..... spammer use these types of link on place of his main website URL.

In short this type of link not helpful in SEO but you can use to boost your branding and additional traffic.
Well, I do not want to band myself at the moment haha

No follow links should still play an important part in your SEO strategy. Sure they won't improve your page rank, however they will make your do follow links look more natural and less spammy etc which will have a positive effect. So for that purpose, I'm sure About Me would be useful plus the additional benefits of gaining traffic and building your branding at the same time. I don't think I've used it but I'll definitely be checking it out and trying it.

You need to pay a sub just to contact their customer support? Seems kind of useful for freelancers, but idk how much this will help with a single backlink.

I signed up for about.me and set up my links. But since then, it hasn't done anything as far as SEO is concerned. There are competitors that beat it, and is getting influencer support on sites like instagram.

My opinion about the site is that it's very limited on what you can do with it. I like lnk.bio or linktree better. There is a lot of competition in this space, about.me is gonna belly up eventually. Which is sad, they have some great page designs for making links look good. You can have an avatar, a banner, and the links. Here's my example.

Only use it if you want to drive people to your social media websites from something like a livestreaming website, or a Video website like youtube or rumble.

I signed up for about.me and set up my links. But since then, it hasn't done anything as far as SEO is concerned. There are competitors that beat it, and is getting influencer support on sites like instagram.

My opinion about the site is that it's very limited on what you can do with it. I like lnk.bio or linktree better. There is a lot of competition in this space, about.me is gonna belly up eventually. Which is sad, they have some great page designs for making links look good. You can have an avatar, a banner, and the links. Here's my example.

Only use it if you want to drive people to your social media websites from something like a livestreaming website, or a Video website like youtube or rumble.
Aren't worth setting it up then, I mean I just end up forgetting about it ahhahaha

Never heard of this service before too.
You can also use your custom domain with about.me by paying fees.
Before I pay $8 a month, i would rather create a simple html site, their pages don't look like much more at first glance either.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest