Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Anyone here ever lost a business to a co-partner?

I have not heard or seeing it but I have some movies on the same issue. My advice is just to make sure there is legal backing whenever we want to do some partnership business to prevent this situation.
Just because you have not heard or seen a business partner that lost his or her business to his partner does not mean that it doesn't work like that as my friend was a victim or his business partner taking off the business that has suffered to start up all in the name of partnership.

Advertisement Placeholder
I lost my father's business last year due to pandemic. That was really hard time because there was no sale. We have clothing shop and we have to shutdown. I hope we can revive our business when the lockdown is over.
I hope you are able to recover all soon. The lockdown really messed things up. Have you tried shifting focus to making those sales online at least until offline businesses can open up?

I have never really lost my business to a co partner but instead we splitted it because I later discovered that he was being dishonest and was doing things that will harm the business.

Personally I've never experienced such but I believe there's what is called partnership deed which should guide and protect partners in the venture

I have never been backstabbed or lost any business deal with any friend although I always try to be careful and select people I work with and if possible have terms and conditions.
That's very good and lucky that you have been into this and not backstabbed i encourage you continue and be careful.

I won't say I dashed him the business, what I actually did was to leave the business for him. This was just because I lost interest all of a sudden.

I have lost it business partner before and it was because I caught him to be very dishonest and he lacks integrity. We ended up splitting up the business.

No I haven't ever lost a business to a folly co partner before but I wonder how it will make me feel is such occurs to me.,if their is a mutual understanding bewteen the two and legal agreement then I don't think that would have occur

This has never happened to me personally, also because I have never started a business, thinking of joining a close person such as: friend, colleague, relative, etc. But I am sure that this has happened very often unfortunately(n)(n)

I have never lost a business to a partner because I do not like to participate in business with others except I can't afford to fund the business on my own without needing help.

Yes, it can happen but I have never experience this before. Am always cautious of my investment when am considering the second party. Anything can happen, trust no body.

I have lost it business partner before and it was because I caught him to be very dishonest and he lacks integrity. We ended up splitting up the business.
At least you reached an agreement and split the business. Some people I have heard stories of ended up loosing the whole business to their partners. So it is so important to choose your business partner well.

I haven't experienced such but a family friend did. His bosom friend went behind his back and attracted clients to his new business at the expense of collapsing the joint one he had with him.

I haven't been swindled because I don't have a business yet. I've seen a case of that where a partner went behind the real owner of the business, met with her investors because at the moment she was ill and took the contract solely to herself right under the other partner's nose. It is so disheartening how the heart of men can be!

So, sometimes people invest into a new business by joining friends or colleagues. And sometimes, when things go good, one of them backstabs the other, either by going behind their back to get the company or by trying to push him/her out.

Has anyone here been swindled by a partner? I haven't myself, but I have worried about it in the past.
I have never encountered such. It must me really devastating to be in such shoes.
I have run a business with a friend in the past, but haven't been back stabbed.
It is important that you have a good understanding with your co-partner.
[automerge]1633459165[/automerge]
So, sometimes people invest into a new business by joining friends or colleagues. And sometimes, when things go good, one of them backstabs the other, either by going behind their back to get the company or by trying to push him/her out.

Has anyone here been swindled by a partner? I haven't myself, but I have worried about it in the past.
I have never encountered such. It must be really devastating to be in such shoes.
I have run a business with a friend in the past, but haven't been back stabbed.
It is important that you have a good understanding with your co-partner.

I don't do joint business or partnership business with anyone. It is unfortunate how some partnership businesses tend tend to end up sometime with differences unresolved

Some business partners or friend D's goes as far as gaining more ideas in which some ideas might be negatively earned just to harm the other by pulling him down from his business. Others will go a long way to impersonating and so forth. I have never lost a business to anyone.

Yes i believe someone has lost a business to a co-partner before
It might be as a result of incompetency and lack of effective communication

I haven't experienced this situation yet. But I believe worst than this can happen. I've seen situation were by someone kills his brothers just for him to take their belongings.

It never happened to me but it happen to my brother, he open a business with his wife and he has 90% of the start up capital, but whenever they wanted to buy goods, she use to send the wife and his wife always use her own name on the receipt , and when they had a misunderstanding and was about to divorce, the woman use the receipt as a witness and told the court shes the owner of the business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds