Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Anonymous Staff?

ClicketyKat

Reputable member
Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
I've always kind of wanted to have anonymous staff, especially on the forum where there is a lot of debating going on. I've found that when I (an Admin) post, I tend to ruin the conversation because some others are afraid to go against what I believe. Not that I'd take action against them for believing differently!!

Have you ever tried having staff be anonymous?

On one of my forums, the admin is not active, he has just created guidelines and other important pages. However, there is a secondary anonymous admin to participate in fun conversations.

The idea of having an anonymous staff is a good one. For one reason or the other, I have always find it hard to go against the opinion of forum admin. There was this day that one of the admin of the forum I belong to reacted angrily to my comment because he didn't like what I said. Since that day, I always watch what I commented at the thread created by one of the admin.

The idea of having an anonymous staff is a good one. For one reason or the other, I have always find it hard to go against the opinion of forum admin. There was this day that one of the admin of the forum I belong to reacted angrily to my comment because he didn't like what I said. Since that day, I always watch what I commented at the thread created by one of the admin.

If the Admin were truly objective, it wouldn't matter if you made him angry. The staff should always base their moderating on whether a rule was violated or not. The sad thing is that sometimes staff on other sites are power hungry and like to get rid of those they don't like or with whom they disagree.

I honestly can not say I have ever thought about having anonymous staff before. I know that people on a forum can be anonymous so they do not show online but non of the staff members I have had in the past have ever used that feature. I can understand why it would be a good idea though if I am honest especially if you have the kind of forum where members have opinions and such and they may feel like they will offend if they disagree with say an admin even if that is not the case.

I’ve never even really thought about it, but I could see it having a good use depending on your forums niche. If you have a very large forum it could be of good use to keep spamming, trolling, and flaming under control, which is less likely to happen when actual staff are online. Heated subjects are indeed another good use for them in case people start to bash one another’s opinion by flaming or starting riots. It has its use, but my board wouldn’t particularly benefit from it, I think.

I used to be a moderator for Lily Allen's official forum and we all had our own 'member' accounts, but we also had a secondary 'moderator' account, with Mod somewhere in the username. The idea was that we engaged in every day forum posting on our normal accounts, but we were anonymous on our moderator accounts and we only logged into them when needed. It was very bizarre... it almost felt like you were doing a secret mission, especially when people would constantly try to guess who the moderation team were.

I used to be a moderator for Lily Allen's official forum and we all had our own 'member' accounts, but we also had a secondary 'moderator' account, with Mod somewhere in the username. The idea was that we engaged in every day forum posting on our normal accounts, but we were anonymous on our moderator accounts and we only logged into them when needed. It was very bizarre... it almost felt like you were doing a secret mission, especially when people would constantly try to guess who the moderation team were.
Oh huh interesting. I never moderated for anybody really like that before. I did moderate on the official Fortnite Discord server which is huge. I have heard of that before where you'd have a 'mod' account, then a 'user' account.

It's definitely an interesting concept! Regardless if the mods were using their profile they end up with a personality attached to it. Unless they only log in to the moderator account to message/moderate in those instances.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor