Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Announcing the start of SMF 3.0 development

vbgamer45

Bronze Member
Credits
SMF just announced the roadmap including SMF 3.0 with OOP refactoring
Additionally, a great deal of effort has gone into maintaining backward compatibility with modifications and integrations that rely on integration hooks. Generally speaking, mods designed for SMF 2.1 and marked as "hooks only" in the SMF Customization database should be compatible out-of-the-box with SMF 3.0.

I didn't even know they were still developing SMF :eek:

3.0 does seem like it'll make certain things easier though which is great!

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

I have a community built with SMF, looking forward to this new version.

Interesting. I do wonder what the simplification will hold. And how the redesign will be done.

I'm more confused why several people have asked me what my thoughts are on this, as though any of it were relevant to me. They have a plan, good for them, hope it works out.

I'm more confused why several people have asked me what my thoughts are on this, as though any of it were relevant to me. They have a plan, good for them, hope it works out.
Must be that most people still see you as a lead in this. 👀 There a lot of history and that can’t be erased.

I really don’t know why: it was made clear my presence wasn’t wanted.

I really don’t know why: it was made clear my presence wasn’t wanted.
SMF's audience speaks differently seeing they ask for your thoughts. ;) But I understand what you mean though. It's a pity. What happened, has happened, and it's a shame it did. But at least you've got some good memories during your time.

Because some of us recognize that you do have great ideas and a great mind in general. You also have a long history with SMF.

For what it is worth, that big list of ideas you left is being looked at too.

Stay Awesome Arantor.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor