Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đź’¬ Platform Discussion Advanced Electron Forums

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Have you ever heard of Advanced Electron Forums software before? It wouldn't surprise me if you haven't since the software hasn't been updated in over a decade! It's a shame though, I remember when I first got into self hosting I tried the software out and thought it was pretty cool. Though the people who made the software abandoned the project pretty quickly. I recall seeing people interested in trying to get it back up and running a few years back, but the support forums are no longer online. Did you ever try this software out before?

https://www.softaculous.com/apps/forums/AEF

Well, it must go along with current or somewhat current versions of php or it wouldn't work nowadays, would it?
I know Hostinger allows you to pick php 5.6, not sure if this software is compatible with that. (I'm guessing it's at least compatible with that version since the last update was out in 2011.) Though if you want it to work on newer php and have better security, you'd have to make modifications yourself to get it up and running.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest