Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Acceptable behavior to customer

Susan06

Renowned member
Credits
I have a question related to the business and behaviour regarding the involvement of a sense of humuor. humuor is subjective and what one person believes to be funny, another is offended. By the same token, something funny today may offend me tomorrow. Does humour need to be critically analysed so as to prevent ill timed awkward situations.?

Advertisement Placeholder
A good sense of humour can be quite charming but in a business environment it should not be overdone. This is to prevent unnecessarily annoying someone or been seen as unserious.

Different people have their own way of doing things. There are some who always appear angry. When you meet such people, you have to act serious too.

I have a question related to the business and behaviour regarding the involvement of a sense of humuor. humuor is subjective and what one person believes to be funny, another is offended. By the same token, something funny today may offend me tomorrow. Does humour need to be critically analysed so as to prevent ill timed awkward situations.?
hello, in the day to day work the personality of the person is identified if he is sanguine, phlegmatic or choleric this will define his behavior and sense of humor, good humor in the work environment will create a harmony it is also important to respect the opinions of others, we have different parenting cultures and that creates a clash of characters, the proper functioning of the company will depend on the state of mind of the team

I consider that the key is in the context, a little humor never hurts anyone, and in business meetings for example it can be a great opportunity to break the ice, however, to avoid offending the criteria or way of thinking of others it is best to avoid talking about topics such as religion, race or gender ideology with "humor" because what is funny to me for another can be offensive

I believe humor at a place of work should be minimized cause you’re dealing with different customers and we human are different

I believe humor at a place of work should be minimized cause you’re dealing with different customers and we human are different
The way I see things, it all depends on when and with whom. When you are in the workplace. There are times when you should have some humor and thus smooth rough edges or break the ice, as there are also times that for no concept there may be that, sense of humor

People are raised from different backgrounds, so it'll depend on the environment you come from. What's comical to me might not be the same to you, because different environments has different behaviour and people's take on certain issues.

A certain degree of humor is required in customer service relationship as it makes business quite easy. But it should be done with moderation.

In my opinion a little opinion from previous friends all the opinions they say are all right there is no problem in business matters, we need to provide an explanation or discussion that is so interesting or a little humorous as a distraction not vacuum so seriously but we can also entertain or take his heart so that when people are happy with all the words of discussion, for example, business discussions it's so easy they trust us

everything has limits, of course, try to be responsible and select humor only at the right time.
Sure that is simple advice i can adhere to. As in my life i see that humour can allow for a good conversation starting and if done right can allow for some future business relationship to be built?
[automerge]1606210561[/automerge]
Omg that matches so much with the advice some of my close friends have given me. They say that good explained humour is good and all for establishing business but be careful so that no one can misunderstand the intentions i have. Especially when dealing with clients of the opposite gender ??
In my opinion a little opinion from previous friends all the opinions they say are all right there is no problem in business matters, we need to provide an explanation or discussion that is so interesting or a little humorous as a distraction not vacuum so seriously but we can also entertain or take his heart so that when people are happy with all the words of discussion, for example, business discussions it's so easy they trust us.

Definitely one has to be mindful of the type and also situations in which humors are used . While it is harmless and helps to decompress a tense situations ,some customers might find it offensive.

It's better to let the customers know if you don't like something. Well you can sugar coat it a little. It's not a good idea to give it to them straight and it can be considered as rude too.

Just because they are customers, you don't need to put up with everything either.
It's just that you need to be more careful about your words and nothing more(tactical responses).

Effective customer service starts by listening to what customers have to say about their needs, wants or concerns. If you can provide complete and honest answers to their questions, you begin to gain their trust and establish your company's credibility

Humor can be helpful, but it should not be overdone. You should also learn how to read moods.

Someone comes to you in a bad mood and you're cracking jokes?
Not good at all.

We don’t have to behave bad to our customer Cos no one knows tomorrow. Bad customers can be the best customers at the same time.

You cab use carefully constructed humor in old customers. Just smile and compliment new ones

Humor is good and is very much required for our lifestyle situations. However, you should also bear in mind that all do not equally respond to humor well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds