Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

A simple yet effective way to promote your forum

Screenshot_87.png
If you are like me, you tend to procrastinate instead of working through that ‘to-do list’. Motivation can be a problem that affects us all from time to time -- it often takes me a good few hours each day before I get started on anything productive. There are even days when nothing productive is done.

Repetition is something that drives me crazy; if something involves some kind of repetition, I am loathe to get started as I know just how bored I will undoubtedly get!

Monotonous tasks are often the most important

What does your daily routine involve? If you run community websites it is likely you check your forums or blogs, respond to emails and approve and moderate members at least once each and every day. How often do you repeat these same tasks? Many times, I am sure - and if you do not maintain this routine your community will suffer. You can't neglect your daily duties.

Are you really promoting your forum ?

Are you looking to promote your online community and gain more members for your forum? Now, I have seen this guy register on EVERY forum I've come across. He makes a few posts, while having his forum linked in his signature. It's boring, it's monotonous, but it works.

So, what you need to do from now on is -- register on every forum you come across online. Yes, you heard me right -- EVERY forum. This is not the time to be picky. Once you've got that out of the way, it's time to start posting. But wait, don't just post anything! Quality is key here. Make sure your posts are thoughtful and contribute to the discussion. No one likes a spammer, so don't be one.

Now, for the pièce de résistance, your profile setup. Make sure you have your forum linked in your profile, but make sure to check the rules of the forum before doing so. We don't want to get on anyone's bad side now, do we? And if you can make a thread about your forum, that's even better.

And there you have it, folks! A simple yet effective way to promote your forum and gain more members for your community. So go forth and conquer the internet!

Think further than your efforts

Now, promoting on every forum is a repetitive job -- one that takes a lot of time, work and effort. Blood, sweat and tears is another way to phrase it. But for every 20-30 minutes you spend on a forum advertising, the forum owner has done way more advertising. So keeping that in mind, even if your job is done, chances are -- a guest or member of that community will see your link and end up on your community.

People are curious so eventually one will click your link and that lead could be a great asset to your community.

Your thoughts

What are some common reasons you struggle with advertising your website ? What are the most effective methods you have seen work?

Couldn't have said this better myself. Whenever I am on a forum, if they allow a link to be placed in your profile and they allow signatures and links in the signature I use them and I advertise my forum. I only do this on forums I know I will be active on as otherwise, it will not always help.

Being active whilst that link is in your signature will eventually catch eyes and people will click who are curious. It sounds crazy but it really does work :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor