Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

✔️ Resolved 502 errors on forum

I bought a new Virtual Private Server yesterday. We’ll be moving to the new VPS later next week. An official announcement about this will be made soon. That gives us more capabilities, room to grow (not hit a resource limit) and we should be able to get rid of those pesky 520’s. During the move there will be some downtime to be expected.

Last edited:
I bought a new Virtual Private Server yesterday. We’ll be moving to the new VPS later next week. An official announcement about this will be made soon. That will gives us more capabilities, room to grow (not hit a resource limit) and we should be able to get rid of those pesky 520’s. During the move there will be some downtime to be expected.
That’s awesome hope the move goes super smooth for you guys

I have experienced some errors on the site. I attached a screenshot, that just happened 5 minutes ago for reference.

The thing is, I have visited other forums, and also see similar errors. Could it be some mis-configuration from the hosted site?

Attachments

• admin-junkies Screenshot Capture - 2023-09-13 - 11-24-58.jpg
    admin-junkies Screenshot Capture - 2023-09-13 - 11-24-58.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5
This happens not only here. Also on other forums. This screenshot was taken a minute ago

Attachments

• forumpromotion Screenshot Capture - 2023-09-13 - 11-35-08.jpg
    forumpromotion Screenshot Capture - 2023-09-13 - 11-35-08.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2
Hey Mike,

We are aware of the problem. We’re migrating to a VPS which should solve this problem next week. :)

FP alleges to have suffered some sort of DDOS attack. It’s been offline for a couple of days. Other than about 30 minutes this morning I’ve not been able to access it.
Well, that has been happening for long time, I got to the point to think they shut down the forum, but I mean since long time, this is not something recently.

In our case it’s a bit of misconfiguring HTTP 1.1 if I recall correctly. @Tyrsson is our main guy who solves this stuff since he’s a beast at anything he touches, lol.

Actually,

The http1.1 is just theory, it could play a part due to the way that certain XF script makes request. The underlying main issue is resource starvation. The current host routinely throws a MariaDB max connection limit hit. Which will most likely cause CF to throw the ambigious 520. The 520 is a cloudflare specific return code but since its returned via http2 there is not a reason returned along with it. I'm confident that the move this coming weekend will resolve it.

SSL could also play a part, in http2 proxying, but seems that it would be a permanent issue at that point. SSL issues are usually either all or nothing. Usually.

I have seen this happening to my site now :( Not just FP

I mean I Have not really seen it happening elsewhere and Cloudflare is not playing up, right? With whatever is going on on FP is now moving to other sites that are listed on FP. Like my own :(

Can't even afford to pay high firewall.

I have seen this happening to my site now :( Not just FP

I mean I Have not really seen it happening elsewhere and Cloudflare is not playing up, right? With whatever is going on on FP is now moving to other sites that are listed on FP. Like my own :(

Can't even afford to pay high firewall.
Yours seems to be working fine?

Yours seems to be working fine?
Hard to tell, Yeah maybe... I mean I activated attack mode on Cloudflare. when I enter the site and Cloudflare checks my IP connection it just loads with a cycle icon and never passes it, like it's loading but fails to check if my connection is safe. After the browser cache via Cloudflare, it has resolved for a while.

Can't tell if Cloudflare is pooping itself or both or what hahahaha

Hard to tell, Yeah maybe... I mean I activated attack mode on Cloudflare. when I enter the site and Cloudflare checks my IP connection it just loads with a cycle icon and never passes it, like it's loading but fails to check if my connection is safe. After the browser cache via Cloudflare, it has resolved for a while.

Can't tell if Cloudflare is pooping itself or both or what hahahaha
I've just clicked your signature link and started a timer to see how long it takes to load. Still not loading:

image_2023-09-14_142030186.png

I got to 5 minutes and quit.

I've just clicked your signature link and started a timer to see how long it takes to load. Still not loading:

View attachment 2132

I got to 5 minutes and quit.
That is Under Attack Mode. @Empire, unless your forum is under attack, that mode should be disabled as it can block a lot of good bots from crawling your website, that could result in potentially SEO dropping.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest