Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

✔️ Resolved 502 errors on forum

CloudFlare was earlier today had an active maintenance window for the PDX in Portland I think. They could have encountered failover issues within the Edge Server network. Not likely, but possible.

@Empire, have you checked to see which edge server usually serves your site? If you have then check it now. If its not the same edge then it likely indicates that the window they are in could be the issue.

It could also depend on which colo your host serves your site from.

No further than the spinning grey wheel of death.
Well, I have disabled it anyway so you should able to get back into the madness :p

Had massive traffic for the last two days that has slowed the site down big time but it has claimed itself now ;)

@Empire, have you checked to see which edge server usually serves your site? If you have then check it now. If its not the same edge then it likely indicates that the window they are in could be the issue.
It's been fine on my end but then some users are using the older browsers and it was a hip load of traffic in the last two days that slowed it down.

Well, I have disabled it anyway so you should able to get back into the madness :p

Had massive traffic for the last two days that has slowed the site down big time but it has claimed itself now ;)

It's been fine on my end but then some users are using the older browsers and it was a hip load of traffic in the last two days that slowed it down.
I'm not sure what browsers have to do with this issue.... (forgive me if I am missing something simple, I am exhausted and my brain is barely functioning atm).

This is why I like cloud because it can automatically scale to meet the needs of the site in real time. The downside is that its not real cheap and you have to either A) be very qualified when it comes to server config, virtualization, Docker or B) Have really good developers that are very qualified and knowledgeable in respect to cloud deployment. The downside there is that caliber developer usually do not come cheap. Usually 30+ bucks an hour U.S..

Not sure if the migration to VPS alone was supposed to solve this issue as I'm still getting it sometimes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230919-115109_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919-115109_Chrome.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 3
Well we have more control why it’s happening, so we’re still into resolving it. Just had one myself.

Not sure if the migration to VPS alone was supposed to solve this issue as I'm still getting it sometimes.
I used to get those errors, but I it has been some days I don't see them anymore as of today.

I'm hoping, with fingers crossed, I found it. :) If anyone encounters one PLEASE post it up!! Any information that you can provide like the url/action would help a great deal :)

Thanks.

502? or 520? There is a difference and I need to know which it was... I got a 502 earlier, a single one while I was on mobile. I need all the information you can give me :)

I've had two in the last 10 minutes.
Those errors could be related to cloudflare own issues, as I did faced same issue 502, on another platform which never had such issues.

I generally ignore these errors investigation, if cloudflare has issues at around same time.

Well, the 502 I got was earlier today on mobile.... 9/21 but I did not have the time then to check the CF status so I'm not sure if they had a scheduled window or not :(

I haven't had anymore except for the couple this morning :)

We haven't had any of these flagged to us for a few weeks so I am going to go ahead and mark this as resolved. Though, should any more pesky 502's arise, please let us know and we will go bug-hunting once again 🪲

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest