Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

000webhost - Your Thoughts

It’s better than it used to be. I used to use it as my benchmark for ”most rubbish host that SMF will be installed on”, as a parallel to GoDaddy.

But like everything else, you get what you pay for.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised they are even around still haha. They are not the most stable web host in my experience that's for sure .

I used them in the past when I was still new to self hosting. This was right around the time there was a data breach and my password ended up in a paste bin... They're better with their security now, but I still wouldn't use them if I needed to use free hosting for whatever reason. There's better free options like x10.

Used it back in 2012 as part of my collage class - Had to make a simple website and then had to upload the site for all people to see ;) and at the time it was CRAP, since then I never used it. I rather stay away from free.

Yes but the 'free' service is *so* awful I never wanted to trust them with actual money for actual service.

Personally never used them. when I see free hosting, I hope they don't mix the shared hosting with paid customers. It would make sense as to why they would be unstable did they put there free customers on

I am playing around with it now, but I have no intention of building a serious site. Anyway, WordPress takes up half the memory from the start, so it's quite obvious that resources would run out soon, but otherwise, I don't see any problems with it - other than no script uploader (aside from WordPress), but I'm sure you can upload forum software the rough way.

If you're doing static only pages, save yourself the hassle and shove it on S3 with CloudFront and be done with it.

Do you all feel Hostinger, the parent company, has good stuff? They seem to have very budget hosting, but you have to buy in advance to get the deals, but I can't blame them for that.

From my limited experience hostinger will do in a pinch but is not a substitute for a more serious project. Maybe it gets better at higher pay grades? Dunno.

As ever, the axiom holds: pay peanuts, get monkeys. As in, if you pay for bargain basement bare bones quality, that's *all* you can expect. You might find the unicorn that'll be better but you can't expect that.

Cheap as chips is usually not where you go if you want quality.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor