Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you still stay active in the absence of the forum owner?

Credits
Have you ever noticed in a forum where the forum owner suddenly stop coming online over a long period of time without communicating publicly to all in his forum why he's going to be offline for a while nor did he give his staff members any heads up.

If you're in such forum, would you keep on being an active member should such happens?

Advertisement Placeholder
It does not matter whether the owner is present or not, what matters is whether the community is active or not, and whether the community fulfills my purpose or not. The owner cannot be always present, as he has another life outside the forum, so you shouldn't be worried when the owner is absent. However, if the owner is absent for an extended period of time, let's say 1-2 months, that's another case.

It does not matter whether the owner is present or not, what matters is whether the community is active or not, and whether the community fulfills my purpose or not. The owner cannot be always present, as he has another life outside the forum, so you shouldn't be worried when the owner is absent. However, if the owner is absent for an extended period of time, let's say 1-2 months, that's another case.

This is exactly how I would deal with this kind of situation. The longer the forum owner stays offline without making any announcement about his time off is definitely going to weigh down my zeal of being active on the forum.

If the forum it self is active, i do not mind doing what i have been doing on the forum before, though i would definitely be worried about the fate of the forum if no one has heard from the owner for a period of time.

If the forum it self is active, i do not mind doing what i have been doing on the forum before, though i would definitely be worried about the fate of the forum if no one has heard from the owner for a period of time.

This is actually what is going to be my worry over being very active on that particular website because there is a very big chance that all my effort in trying to add content and have good discussion on the forum will end up being a complete waste if the forum ends up dying with the absence of the owner.

My being active in a particular does not depend on the availability of the owner. As long as the forum still holds the value that made me to join then I'll still continue to be an active member.

My being active in a particular does not depend on the availability of the owner. As long as the forum still holds the value that made me to join then I'll still continue to be an active member.

Personally, I believe that this value would only be sustained if and only when the website owner is around to carry things along. Take for instance here on Bizdustry, if the owner up and disappear for a long time, it's definitely going affect a lot of things.

It depends on the forum and who else is helping. You have to consider that some of these forums have co-admins, some have super mods, and moderators. So there will be people around keeping an eye on things. So the owner can sometimes peace out for a while and take time off if needed. I think it's a good thing.

If an owner or admin is gone for a long time, it could be other reasons like health related.

See I don't believe the owner of the room can keep the room lively or intact if he/she is not composed anybody can be a leader it just depends on who is more determined for the fact that the owner of the group or room just goes dark doesn't mean the room has to go quiet I think times like that is out of the blues a leader Pops and in a twinkle of an eye the whole room is Lively, communication flying everywhere.

Have you ever been in a group that is so lively you had to go and check who was the admin?

See I don't believe the owner of the room can keep the room lively or intact if he/she is not composed anybody can be a leader it just depends on who is more determined for the fact that the owner of the group or room just goes dark doesn't mean the room has to go quiet I think times like that is out of the blues a leader Pops and in a twinkle of an eye the whole room is Lively, communication flying everywhere.

Have you ever been in a group that is so lively you had to go and check who was the admin?

There are things which the forum owner is expected to do which helps in the sustained functionality of his platform and whenever he is not around to do those things, it is most likely going to affect whatever that is going on on the platform. This is why their presence is needed but it doesn't mean that they are going to be engaging in all the conversation that is going on in their platform.

If the owner is absent for an extended period, it may be necessary for the moderators or administrators to step in and take additional responsibilities to ensure the smooth functioning of the forum. Clear communication with the community about the owner's absence can help manage expectations and maintain the trust of the members.

If the owner is absent for an extended period, it may be necessary for the moderators or administrators to step in and take additional responsibilities to ensure the smooth functioning of the forum. Clear communication with the community about the owner's absence can help manage expectations and maintain the trust of the members.

The moment everyone on the website is not being kept in the loop about what is going on, it is most likely going to create some form of uncertainty in the minds of those that are making use of the website, which is not something that is going to be very good. Some people will be discouraged from being committed on the platform.

Have you ever noticed in a forum where the forum owner suddenly stop coming online over a long period of time without communicating publicly to all in his forum why he's going to be offline for a while nor did he give his staff members any heads up.

If you're in such forum, would you keep on being an active member should such happens?

I won't have issues being active on such forum. I am on some forums to interact and have fun and I don't see the reason the owner's inactivity should be the reason I am not going to be talking with friends that I've made on the website as well.

I won't have issues being active on such forum. I am on some forums to interact and have fun and I don't see the reason the owner's inactivity should be the reason I am not going to be talking with friends that I've made on the website as well.

Well, in a situation where by the absence of the community owner is always going to cause some problem in the management of the community, I believe that this is something that is capable of affecting those who are making use of the community. There might be a time when the hosting might be down and without the owner being available to take care of it, it's going to stop most people from using the community.

Well, in a situation where by the absence of the community owner is always going to cause some problem in the management of the community, I believe that this is something that is capable of affecting those who are making use of the community. There might be a time when the hosting might be down and without the owner being available to take care of it, it's going to stop most people from using the community.

I will always hope that the forum owner is back before that period when the hosting package will elapse. It is of no use trying to worry about this because there is absolutely nothing that I am going to do once such happens. I have seen some websites close down while I was active, and I simply move on.

I will always hope that the forum owner is back before that period when the hosting package will elapse. It is of no use trying to worry about this because there is absolutely nothing that I am going to do once such happens. I have seen some websites close down while I was active, and I simply move on.

Unfortunately, there is nothing anyone can do whenever something like this happens in any community that they are making use of. This is because if it happens that the community owner is no longer interested in following up his project, there is no way the members are going to stick around for a long time especially when the hosting expires.

My purpose of using the forum is what would make me stay or leave when the forum owner doesn't show up for a long time. Let's say if I'm using a paid posting forum, the forum owner presence is needed to keep me using the forum. The owner pays those who uses the forum. If he's not around, why would pay members?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds