Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you sell your forum to a well established company?

I run a few ads, but banner ads are really an outdated form of monetization and I do not want to push them to the point that annoys users.
Unluckily ads are extremely intrusive.. and a large number of people go out of their way to find ways to block them.
A better solution, if the niche is one that would support it, is having some vendors onboarded and give them a special support/sales area to work from as well as having a feature where they could list "special items" at "reduced" prices to the members. In my niche, the markup on most stuff is such that a regular 5% off if purchased from the site wouldn't not hurt them, and if the site got percentage of the sales through that process, it could be a steady income stream.
True, or even worse, leave the site ;)

Advertisement Placeholder
For me, there is not a fixed true/false answer to that question. It all depend on many variables. Life happens, as we go through life, our goals shift from one to another decade.

Of curse I would not sell my friendship built through the journey, but a forum itself is an object/platform/tool. You can always build another forum with the people you met through the lifespan of the previous forum. It all depends how attached you are to the community and/or the community to you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds