Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Conflict Resolving Do you allow threads against your beliefs on your forum?

For threads about resolving disputes between community members or staff.

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
As a forum owner, what do you usually do whenever a thread that is against your life beliefs are being posted by your forum members? It's not always possible to include all those in a forum's TOS, they can always be missed out.

When such thread content are posted on your forum, do you remove it or just ignore it since it may not be against the belief of others who uses your forum?

As a forum owner, what do you usually do whenever a thread that is against your life beliefs are being posted by your forum members?
If you don't like someone's beliefs, you can choose to either debate them or leave it alone. Most of the time I just leave it alone. Those are their beliefs, not mine. You can be friends with someone of a different religion. You just never bring it up or discuss it with them. If you can leave it alone, you'd be surprised with how well you both can get along.

I am quite tolerant of other views. However, some views are so horrible that they offend people for obvious reasons and I can't have that on my forum.

I would leave it be and just let the members who believe in such ways continue to believe the way they wish. It would be kind of poor to take someone's opposing opinion away just because you don't have the same beliefs as them. There are billions of people in the world and not everyone is going to agree with each other. I don't let other's beliefs affect the way I believe.

We all have different views on life, and I think it's fine to allow those who have a different view on life on your forum otherwise you might end up with a echo chamber, especially if you own a debate forum. If we were all the same, it'd be boring!

One of my communities is a religious community where different teachings and dissenting opinions are not tolerated.

Then I have a health and wellness community where I have to be tolerant and allow people to express themselves, as long as they can do so with mildness and respect.

Religion is a strange thing. If you don't align with someone else, it's not worth the debate. Agree to disagree and don't look back.

Depends on the subject being discussed. There are some things I do not and never will agree with..I have seriously strong views on some subjects so in that respect I wont get involved..unless there is abuse.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

I just let the thread stay and ignore it. Be a big person and allow people to have differing views and opinions on stuff. I feel if it goes too far like name calling, insults, etc then yeah I'd maybe lock it. It's so hard to not want to jump the gun and ban people with homophobic and transphobic views I will admit.

I don't agree with radical atheist views, but people are free to criticize religion on any forum where I allow that discussion. However, though, if someone brings up homophobic or racist views, then we can categorize them as probably being some far-right stereotype and I can't have them in a similar situation. They're just too punk and rude and it's a justified generalization.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest