Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you like to be a game designer?

I wouldn't even know where to start lol. I enjoy watching my son in law doing that sort of stuff for fun but for me I'd rather just relax and play the games.

Yeah, it would be awesome to do that. In fact, in the 2000s, I bought a book on it. However, though, it's very difficult and I'm light years away from it. I had chances in the past to pursue it but didn't stick with it.

I’ve actually had the opportunity in the past to design a few concepts for games.

Such as, features and game play functions. I worked for a couple of games as a content manager and I was able to design features that their coders were able to implement onto the game. Some of these features included:
- a rarity system, which determined when an item would restock in a main shop in the game. Based on a rarity system of 1-100. 1 being common and 100 being the rarest
-A questing system. A npc(non playing character) would ask a user to fetch an item and return it in a select amount of time & get rewarded xx of points
-A gumball machine. Users can visit the gumball machine and play it with $xx amount of points, might get rewarded or not. It’s random.

There’s other game designs and concepts that I’ve helped developed over the years, but these ones are my favorite.

Would you like to be a game designer?

What kinds of games would you design?
During my childhood, I had aspired to become a game developer when I grow up but it didn't happen eventually. I used to be very much into how games worked. Like in GTA SA, I used to edit the character models using 3dsmax and put John Cena or even myself into the game. I used to do the same in WWE RAW Impact PC game. Basically I used to create mods, hehe. This I used to do 10 years ago. I don't remember a thing now. In the future, I might consider having it as a part time and later converting it into a full time job. No plans as of now, though.

I don’t think I want to design my own game, I prefer to modify existing games and do better modifying existing code. I’m also not an artist nor a musician so nah I’ll pass.

I've only coded once with the help of a friend a version of RuneScape, took us about a year and 2 months. I would like to get into that, but honestly it's a lot of process and it takes long time. So, no. Like @Ravenfreak said maybe modify what's existing. :cautious:

I'm not much of a gamer by design or playing, so I probably would continue to pursue my passion as a front-end web developer. The only games I play nowadays are mobile games; once my gaming PC broke down I started to give my hopes up for gaming and I didn't even play a whole lot of games I purchased on Steam when I did have a gaming PC.

Maybe. I used to do it as a hobby, but getting a job in software development basically killed that for me: I didn't want a hobby that was very similar to my job!

Also, video game fan bases can be pretty brutal in their criticism of games, so I'm not sure I'd want to be responsible for annoying so many people!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor