Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Site Management Would you have more male or female staff members?

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.
Credits
How do you go about managing the sex demographics of your staff members? Do you in any way try to balance the number of male and female staff members in your team?

If you're to choose, would you prefer to have more male or female staff members in your team? What would be your reason for choosing more of one over the other?

Advertisement Placeholder
When I hire I do not look into gender, I also do not try to create a gender balance in my staff. I just hire the best one or someone who agrees to work on my rate. Gender has nothing to do with work efficiency, therefore, I do not look into the gender of my staff.
Yes, gender shouldn't have anything to do with work efficency because it's the skill set of each person that matters most.

I think it's more of whom someone's more used to working with. I had one guy told me it's more difficult to work with women for him. I just felt he's Chauvinist.

When it comes to staff members, gender isn't something I tend to look at. The way I look at things when I choose to hire staff members for say a forum is how dedicated that person is to the forum, how active they are and whether they tend to help out a lot around the forum.

If I had 3 female staff members and 1 male staff member or 3 male staff members and 1 female staff member, that wouldn't be because I chose to hire that many of each gender but that is how things turned out when hiring and looking at people who have a strong interest in the forum and are dedicated and want to see the forum succeed.

I don't take it into account at all when choosing staff members. I just choose whoever's most qualified for the job.

With that being said, I do have an even split of 4 male and 4 female... so, it's worked out, even though I didn't intend it that way!

In the virtual world, sometimes you never know what gender is the person you are hiring. A lot of people tend to use gender neutral user name or avatar in online communities. It is very common for people to hide their identities in online communities.

You've spoken real facts. A lot of people lie online easily and it's unfortunate very difficult for you to verify whatever they say. You're left with believing what they have told you which may be a lie or the truth. In essence, there's no way of truly knowing if you balanced your staff sex demographics 100%.

I really fail to see why having one or the other (and in special numbers) matters?
Their knowledge, ability to fairly enforce the rules, and communications skills should be all that concerns you. What type of plumbing they are equipped with should almost never come into the equation. The ONLY time I can see it having a bearing is if the area niche is specific to thought processes held by a certain sex. A male/female my be able to empathize with (but not be able to actually feel/deal with) what affects a female/male. Some things truthfully can only be understood by someone of the same sex. But those type of issues are few and far between in most forum interactions and I'm assuming the question pertains to general needs of a site and typically sex does not play a part in staff manning requirements.

Anyone who's run a forum or chat room, would know that if you replace all the moderators, you kill the forum or chat room. Pick the wrong replacement and it'll never be the same again as an Epoch Moment, to then have a Mass Exodus of members leaving. None of this can be solved by making the moderators 100% male or female, so it's not about the gender, it's about the person.

And besides, there are more indicative traits of whether someone should be a moderator or not. Such as how territorial or domineering they are, whether they resort to a false dichotomy of black and white thinking and their religion and sociopolitical beliefs eeek!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds