Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you ever sell?

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends upon the proposal. Would consider making a partnership with them. If they insist on selling, would have to take time to think about it. If the proposal would enhance the website's reach and impact and if the payout is good would consider it. Will reinvest a part of the money to create another blog or website.

I think that if the offer is something that you are able to make a good profit from then I would most likely choose to sell the project and perhaps try and start a new one that is separate from it, because if you have managed to achieve success in the first time around then there is a good chance that you will be able to do it again because now you have a lot more knowledge on how to go about setting it up and enticing people to join your online project.

If you are going to look back at it, a lot of the world billionaires right now have sold one business or another in order to furnish their idea of building a bigger one so I am open to it

Yes I can sell a project I'm working on if I have another which I can use the money gotten from the one sold to invest on the other.

It is still business afterall.

Well, the essence of business is to make profit and personal if I am giving such good amount of profit, I will definitely sell because I believe I will make good use of the money to do other business.

I set up online projects or businesses to make profit and if I have an offer that would increase my profit margin, I will give-in to it. I can easily start new projects from the scratch and use my wealth of experience to build it.

It completely depends on the situation. If you have to leave your forum or any online project for some personal or financial reasons or you've got something else to do, then I think getting a good amount of money for selling your forum is not a bad idea.

One should not get emotionally attached to any online business. If I received a good offer for my website, blog, or other online project, I will sell and build a new one. Online guru will sell, rinse and repeat. If build and manage my blog for 2 years and someone offered to buy it, I will sell.

Yes if I have a lot of offline commitments and not able to do the minimal required to maintain the project working then the best idea is to sell it at least get some money that would be for some urgent expenses.

Personally I believe every business or work is main for sell unless when the expected amount of money is not given to you. if I am offered much profit on my business, I will sell.

Would you ever sell your online project, even if somebody offered an amount that over values the online community and ultimately leaves you with a big profit margin? If not, are you one of those people who gets emotionally attached to things, and it's turned into a hobby/family for you?

Well, I would not sell my online project. This is because the amount I will receive may finish off by the passage of time. However, profitable online projects usually generate steady income for you always. This is one of the main reasons why I may never sell my online project.

Actually everyone has a choice and I considered some certain things under business as it can be sell at any time since the essence of it is to make money for income.

I'd never sell my current one on proboards, a free forum software, but have in the past, sold it to someone else with my Xenforo mental wellness community.

Well, if my online project gained much success, then I would not sell it. It takes effort to build website. Moreover, your website could potentially generate a good amount of money for you by the passage of time.

Yes normally if I stopped working on my website, I normally sold them and get good money compare to earning from all other sources. I use that money start work on new project.

Well, if my online project gained much success, then I would not sell it. It takes effort to build website. Moreover, your website could potentially generate a good amount of money for you by the passage of time.
Well, people will only offered to your online project when it's successful. If your website or blog is not doing well, people will rarely offer to buy it. For me, as regarding selling online project, it depends on many things like offer, how much the project is making for me, and the process involved in building new one.

Would you ever sell your online project, even if somebody offered an amount that over values the online community and ultimately leaves you with a big profit margin? If not, are you one of those people who gets emotionally attached to things, and it's turned into a hobby/family for you?
Working online is much fan than selling things offline. This is because, selling online grants you the opportunity to get many audience from different places and also, since most people spend time online, you can reach a great number of audience within a short period of time.

It's a really hard question to answer, for me anyway. I don't think I would be able to sell MAF easily as it's the representation of my childhood and the users are all my friends and we are together for like 7-9 years.

So, it's going to be a really hard decision to make and I already spent close to 3k-4k USD in MAF and with the way things are going, no one would want to purchase the dying website with that much money. However, if someone is willing to spend that much, then I will think about it for sure.

In the end, I might or might not sell my website despite the amount. As of now, I don't know what decision I might take if this actually becomes a reality. So, I will worry about it when the time comes :D

I
I would like to do this if offer would be according to my match and profitable. Other than if there would be not a good profit but that company would be famous or known then I would like to do it just to adjust myself there.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds