Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you ever sell your business to a rival or competitor?

Selling my business is not an option because i went through thickand thin to start the business butbif i am in a situation thatbindintbhave any choice than to sell the business , then i will sell to the highest bidder even if hes my rival.

Advertisement Placeholder
I really don't think I can ever sell off Business to a rival or competitor. The only thing that can make me do that is if I'm relocating abroad with my family and nobody will there to monitor it for me
Why should one sell he/ her business is not really even if the business is not moving as you plan it to be, keep on working hard in the business and you should look for other way you can make the business to grow, instead selling it off to rival competitors.

Why not? I would sell my business to any rival or competitor anytime without thinking twice so long as the deal ends in my favor. Is not like this so called rival or competitor will be competing with me after I have decided to sell off my business to him anyways.

The reason for starting a business in th first place is to make money and if you at least have a reason to sell your business, for example if you are relocating to another country or state , then I can sell it to my rival as long as the price is good

I can only sell my business to a rival when there is a strong agreement with a profitable benefits but if it is my competitor, I will never sell it to him, we should just be competing and going.

Yes if it is profitable to me I can sell it out, if they pay me a serious amount of money for my business then I'll definitely sell it out .I can use the money to start up something better.
That is just the thing about most busineses,because once a new startup has been nurtured to a particular level and the need comes to sell and if the price is very much ok,then one will just have to sell.

Why not? I would sell my business to any rival or competitor anytime without thinking twice so long as the deal ends in my favor. Is not like this so called rival or competitor will be competing with me after I have decided to sell off my business to him anyways.
As far as the business transaction is in my favour and i made enough money which I know its satisfying to me , then I don't mind selling off my business to a rival business or my competitor.

Well under a normal circumstances it won't be a very wise decision to sell out your business most especially to your competitor but sometimes circumstances makes such happens and you wont have other options than to do so.

Though selling my business to a rival business is not advisable , but there are some situation that might warrant you to sell to anybody , i have a brother that sold his business to his rival because he's travelling out of the country .So to him , the money is very important.

Though selling my business to a rival business is not advisable , but there are some situation that might warrant you to sell to anybody , i have a brother that sold his business to his rival because he's travelling out of the country .So to him , the money is very important.
This is a very tricky question. I wouldn't advise someone to sell off his business to a rival firm. However, there are special circumstances that might warrant you doing that such as moving abroad.

This is a very tricky question. I wouldn't advise someone to sell off his business to a rival firm. However, there are special circumstances that might warrant you doing that such as moving abroad.
I'm not sure I would do this. However, with the right amount of money and other terms that I will demand, I might reluctantly sell my business though not completely.

Selling your business means you're quitting the business. So there's no how the person you're selling to is your competitor. You can refer to him or her as former competitor, not competitor per say. Business is all about profit. When you want to sell a thing, I believe you sell to person with best offer. Recently, GoDaddy acquired dan.com. Alot of people see as a surprise, but the owner sell to a brand with best offer.

No, will not even by the idea of selling my business to a competitor they can actually use it to get back at you when you bounce back and doing well if eventually you set up a new one.

Well, it depends on individual choices of business. no entrepreneur is advised to sell his business but if conditions arise you may have no other option than to do as expected to be done.

Once I have made a decision to sell the business off . I do not care about the firm that is buying. It maybe a close rivalry or not, once my decision is clear, I will definitely sell, irrespective of the company that is buying it. Once the terms and conditions have been fulfilled by the company , there is nothing stopping me to sell it off.

Actually sell a business yo my rival competitor is not a bad deal. definitely I may have a reason for that. sometimes people makes terrible decisions, not because they want to but because there are no other options.

No, I may not sell it. I would consider making my own business more popular and deal with it. I will also understand what my competitor is up to while conducting business.

I don’t see why not at the end of the day every business transaction aims to make a profit selling to a rival doesn’t mean a lot of business do it it isn’t something new
Actually the main essence of every business is to make profit and if profit will be given to me in selling my business then no reason I will hesitate in selling the business.

No, I may not sell it. I would consider making my own business more popular and deal with it. I will also understand what my competitor is up to while conducting business.
Though i dint have it in mind of selling my business to any body not to talk of selling to a rival business competitor , but there are some situations that forces some people to sell .

Though i dint have it in mind of selling my business to any body not to talk of selling to a rival business competitor , but there are some situations that forces some people to sell .

So, what kind of conditions might force people to sell their business? I think if a business is not running smoothly, people may wish to sell it. I cannot see any other reason.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds