Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would you allow anyone else to manage your forum?

Credits
Time is the difference maker when it comes to managing one's forum. If you don't have time to do, it's going to be very difficult to own one. If you found yourself in a situation where you used to have the time to manage your forum but for one reason or another you wouldn't be able to do it.

What's going to be your next line of action? Would be leave the forum's management in the care of another person, probably a staff or would you sell it?

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the circumstances at the moment and if the Individual is really good at managing forums I don't see any reason why I shouldn't let them do it if I don't Have enough time to run it on my own.

I have done. Back in November last year, I was feeling burnt out on forum management, so I allowed my co-admin to take the reins for about a month while I took time off and recovered.

(Of course, I'd only do that if I really trusted the person I was handing it to!)

I have done. Back in November last year, I was feeling burnt out on forum management, so I allowed my co-admin to take the reins for about a month while I took time off and recovered.

(Of course, I'd only do that if I really trusted the person I was handing it to!)
I remember that. Looks like a good solution and you recovered well from your time off. Managing a forum can burn you out at some point.

I remember that. Looks like a good solution and you recovered well from your time off. Managing a forum can burn you out at some point.
Burnout is very real when it comes to forum management. It gets worst when you're not getting the desired result from all your effort.

The only problem is that most people aren't trustworthy to leave one's forum in their care.

It's not anyone that I would be willing to leave my forum under their management. We must have known for a very long time and I can trust in your judgement before I would be able to allow such person to manage my forum.

It's bit risky to have someone else managing your forum unless you know the person very well. I quite understand that if the contents of your forum did not change for strength two days, it will annoy members and some of them may want to leave. But still, you have to be careful in asking people to manage your forum on your behalf.

I have a good friend online whom I trust with my site and when I've gone away on vacation or had surgery, I let him be in full charge. He's probably the only person I would trust to give him complete access to everything though. I'm kind of a control freak, so I don't let too many people take over.

Yes, I would allow someone else to help manage my forum if I felt it would help me if I needed that extra help. In the past on the last forum I owned I had the help of two people managing my forum, one who worked on my hosting for me and another who would help manage the forum in terms of the back end such as updates, mods and keeping the forum free from any spam and keeping it active. For me that was a huge help in 2014 when I had to have surgery to remove my gallbladder and had to spend time healing after that.

I definitely enjoy co-administrating. I've been a co-admin on several forums and I loved it. I loved having someone to talk to and discuss new ideas. I enjoyed having someone who could split some work with - and being able to use eachother's strengths appropriately. I think it is a smart way of working on a forum! Burn out happens and it's always good to have someone who can slightly take over for a bit - as well as vacations and etc - hopefully there is always one admin available!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds