Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Would AI takeover website management?

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
Lately, there's been a lot of talk about the role of AI in website management. Some people believe that AI could revolutionize the way we manage websites, while others are skeptical about the potential risks and drawbacks. So, I wanted to start a discussion about this topic and get your thoughts.

Do you think AI could take over website management in the future? With advancements in natural language processing and machine learning, AI is becoming more and more sophisticated in its ability to understand user behavior and optimize website performance. Some webmasters believe that AI could be used to automate tasks like content creation, SEO optimization, and even website design.

On the other hand, there are concerns about the potential risks of AI takeover. For example, if AI becomes too powerful, it could make decisions that aren't in the best interest of the website or its users. There's also the risk of job loss, as AI could potentially replace human webmasters and developers.

So, what do you think? Is AI the future of website management, or are there too many risks involved? Would you trust AI to make decisions about your website, or would you prefer to stick to human expertise? Have you ever used AI tools or software to manage your website, and if so, what was your experience like?

Advertisement Placeholder
AI could be used to automate tasks like content creation, SEO optimization, and even website design.
Oh goody, a future where the robots talk to the robots all day long, all pretending to be humans talking to each other. Shoot me now.

There are some places within the management scene that AI can absolutely help with. IPS already, for example, offers connectivity for classifying images uploaded to your site to auto-detect if likely to be NSFW and funnel them into a moderation queue. This I don't see as a problem, because it's not making a decision, it's flagging something for someone to make a decision over.

The part I have a problem with is if an AI will be given powers to automate *actions*. Deciding if a user is trustworthy or not when they first arrive, I have huge problems with that. So too does the GDPR, for the record.

Oh goody, a future where the robots talk to the robots all day long, all pretending to be humans talking to each other. Shoot me now.
This was actually happening on Twitter before Elon Musk took over. It was part of the reason why he wanted to pull out of the take over deal because the previous owner refused to disclose the number of bots that was posing as humans on Twitter.

I love the concept of AI no doubt but there should be a limit to what power it's given.

Here what Elon Musk had to say about how dangerous AI can be.

It was part of the reason why he wanted to pull out of the take over deal
No, it's part of the reason Elon gave - which is a different thing from why he wanted to pull out. He had that car-crash moment where he realised he didn't actually know how to run that kind of business - and it shows.

As for "AI has the potential of civilizational destruction" is that why he's starting TruthGPT - his own AI that's "less politically correct"? The open letter he signed recently calling for a delay on AI... wasn't because he's concerned about it (I mean, a guy who's so concerned about it wouldn't be on his third major endeavour involving AI now, would he? Part-founder of OpenAI, Tesla does a lot of AI stuff and now TruthGPT)

If AI takes over every aspect of a community, I can see it failing. Things will probably get out of hand after a while, and a human would have to interfere. Also if Elon Musk is going to be creating "Truth"GPT it'll be programmed to respond in such ways that are far from the truth given his track record of how he's handling Twitter.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds