Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Working for the government

Working for the government has been my dream job, I like to work in government so to earn good salary because you never be worry of losing your job and also have time for yourself.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the job but the only main reason I would, would be for the benefits. Most government jobs be them at the package level (mail delivery) or state line level (government) come with really good benefits.

The best way in which you can secure your future in my country if you dont have a good business is by working under the government, with that you can boosts of getting better loan and also salary bonuses , pension and retirements benefit to secure your old age.

You are right , there are many benefits you will get when you enter the payroll of the government, You get access to loan , and many other bonus apart from your main salary which you cannot get working for a private institution .
You also have access to pension and retirement benefit after you retired.
That i s very correct,because when you look at it crically you will discover that though the take home pay in government job might not be that attractive,but the incentive attatched to the jobs and side benefits like the time factor you will have to do other things are some of the advantage.

Generally I think working for the government is the best option or decision one can make because, there is so much job security and other great benefits when working for the government than the private enterprises. In my country, people prefer working for the government.

Working for the government is one of the most favourable thing because you tend to benefits alot even after you most have retired from work
Working for the government has always been my dream since I knew myself because in my country Nigeria everyone aspires to work for the government as it is the government that actually has the best financial package for workout although they only disadvantages the fact that sometimes they may not pay their workers on time.
Definitely you are hundreds percent correct working in the governmental sector in Nigeria bis pretty cool because you tend to benefits even when you retire from working

If I have the opportunity to get a good job with the government, I would take it. As most government works tend to pay really well, and the office days are not really much. But I won't take a low class government work.
Government work is very preferable if actually I have the opportunity it's will be very good for me, because that is really my dream job because government job is less stress is not that stressful when working.

If i have am been given a chance of working for the government , I will really be glad because working for the government has many benefits of its own and you have the opportunity of having retirement benefits.
Government work is very preferable if actually I have the opportunity it's will be very good for me, because that is really my dream job because government job is less stress is not that stressful when working.

Despite the relative job security attached to it, I wouldn't really advise anyone to work for the government. There is little career progression and you might be owed salaries. I have heard of retired workers who are still yet to be paid their gratuities and pensions.

It is even more preferable that somebody should work with the government because of the job security that is attached to it and also the flexibility that cannot be found elsewhere.

Working for the government is always every body's dream because of the money attached to the work , but its not enough because most of all the government workers also have side business.

I am actually more concerned about what I am going to be working on than the person who I am going to be working for . If it is something that aligns with my values and he's going to pay me well, then that is all that matters.

Working for the government give you the security and the assurance that your job is save and you have access to many things like loan , bonus and retirement benefits
It is even more preferable that somebody should work with the government because of the job security that is attached to it and also the flexibility that cannot be found elsewhere.

Working for the government give you the security and the assurance that your job is save and you have access to many things like loan , bonus and retirement benefits
Working for the government is a very cool idea. There is job security, regular promotion and there is also the added advantage of having pension and gratuities at the end.

That is just one of the major reason why most person would opt and choose a government job even over a private esterblishment,because the job security is there,and one can have ample of time to engage in other venture.

The average salary in the government sector is higher than the private sector in our country. Government jobs also ensure that you get a pension plan as well as provident funds. Because of the salary and perks, government jobs are considered very lucrative in our country. However, government jobs are also very tough as a lot of people have to compete for the same position.

Without having the right connection in my country, forget about getting any government job even if it's in the local government unit. It doesn't matter what level of qualification that you have, with no strong connection, no miracle is ever going to make you get the job.

The same is the condition in our country as well. The governmental sector is in a state of disorder and this is due to favouritism and corruption. This is also one of the main reasons why talented people never get the job. They tend to pursue job in private sector when they get disappointed.

Without having the right connection in my country, forget about getting any government job even if it's in the local government unit. It doesn't matter what level of qualification that you have, with no strong connection, no miracle is ever going to make you get the job.

This is bad and will make the wrong people to be employed to take over key roles. I am always expectant and wish that those who are qualified to get jobs in government agencies get it, but it seems the reverse is the case here.

This is bad and will make the wrong people to be employed to take over key roles. I am always expectant and wish that those who are qualified to get jobs in government agencies get it, but it seems the reverse is the case here.

It is all down to how corrupt our government is when it comes to recruitment and even any other official duties that they are doing. Once you're not in line with what they are doing, it is going to be very difficult for you to find yourself being on the advantage side of their recruitment. They bribe a lot for government jobs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds