Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Working for a big or small company

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
Would you rather work in a big company or a small company? What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of each?

Advertisement Placeholder
The advantages of working with a big company is the fact that you are going to meet a lot of people and also there is a tendency that you might get paid higher but that is not guaranteed.

Would you rather work in a big company or a small company? What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of each?
well for me i think i can manage to work in a big company,despite the fact you wont have the full attention of your boss,but it also depends in the level of payments ,if the payments it well enough you can decide to work in a big or small company

There are some small company that pays more better than the large company for the same type of job, irrespective of weather a small company or large. Company am after the pay,terms and conditions of the company,so which ever is favourable I will go for it

Everyone has his plans, but for me, I would select the small company. First, it'll allow you to learn and get some experience, especially if you're a beginner or entry-level.

After several years, the big companies will be easy to join :)

Working for a small organization gives room for your imput to be felt. There is an effective communication among workers and the employer without long protocols. If tomorrow, the company expands and grow, you will be motivated during that your contributions helped in the expansion and you will be highly valued for that. However, the disadvantages are; The fear of the company closing down and fear of running multiple tasks.

Since I am a freelancer who would prefer to be a self-employed person, I do not think that I would ever consider working for a company regardless if it is small or big. Being a self-employed person is a blessing for me. However, I might work as a freelancer (not as an employee) for a company.

Though there is every tendency that a bigger company would pay better than a smaller one. But in my location it is very difficult to get a job, so these days people tend to take anything they get.

The advantages of working with a big company is the fact that you are going to meet a lot of people and also there is a tendency that you might get paid higher but that is not guaranteed.
I love the fact that you said that working for a big company has a high tendency of paying higher than a smaller company and the fact that you said that it is not guarantee that working for you bigger company means getting a higher pay.

I think working in a big or small company has its own advantage and disadvantage. And different people will have different reasons for working for either small or big company. I think the main reason most people would want to work for a big company is the tendency of getting higher pay just as you have stated above. And the opposite for working in a small company. That is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

I'll prefer working for a small company that has a good policy other than working for a big company that does not have an established policy.

Well for me although there would still be some consideration but would go for the bigger company because there would be more perks and benefits provided all things are equal

Well for me although there would still be some consideration but would go for the bigger company because there would be more perks and benefits provided all things are equal
Of cause that's why it's a big company. The pay should be more, the and there should be other benefits as well. Like I have seen some companies that provides accomodation for their workers and even a company car for their workers

If the small company can pay me very well as much as the big company will, then there is no difference for me in choosing which of the two companies to work for because i will still get the same big fat paycheck

If the small company can pay me very well as much as the big company will, then there is no difference for me in choosing which of the two companies to work for because i will still get the same big fat paycheck
I think we are the same in this aspect as I do not consider the size of any business but rather I consider the amount of money that any business can play me before I start up any job.

I have never worked abroad before though. But when it comes to what difficulty one might face working abroad, I think one of such would be getting used to their local laws and culture

If you want to be a part of a project and help in it's growth then you go for the small company,but if you're looking to be a part of something bigger,go for the big company

Though there is every tendency that a bigger company would pay better than a smaller one. But in my location it is very difficult to get a job, so these days people tend to take anything they get.

I am sure you must have your own transportation. You may buy a bike and then start looking for a job and I am sure you will get a job if you have your own transportation.

It depends on what you want as an individual,if you want to be a part of a growth project or you want to be part of an already made team

If I am just starting out with my career then I will want to start with a small company so that I will build my experience from there then with time look to go into a bigger company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds