Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

[WIP] SMF 2.1 Theme - Greyed Out

TwitchisMental

Reputable member
Credits
So I have been getting a little nostalgic for the crazier and wilder side of theme designs from the good ole days.

I decided to make something like them. I am not the best with the graphics side of things, so it is not as cool as it could be; but I am very happy with it so far. This is still very much a work in progress.

Board Index -

greyedoutbi.png

Message Index -

greyedoutmi.png

Post -

greyedoutpost.png

Last edited:
I think it looks quite nice! The colors seem to work well with each other and are not the everyday common colors you see on themes.

The header is pretty neat looking!

The white text area kind of sticks out a little too much, I think.

I think it looks quite nice! The colors seem to work well with each other and are not the everyday common colors you see on themes.

The header is pretty neat looking!

The white text area kind of sticks out a little too much, I think.
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

The text area will be updated soon enough. :).

Looks really cool, TM! If you ever want to collab, let me know. I’d love to design something someday with a bit of gloss and ole days vibes to see it coded on SMF. 😄

Looks very good :giggle: I agree with Cory the white area stands out a bit, but it definitely has a very nostalgic feel to it!

Looks really cool, TM! If you ever want to collab, let me know. I’d love to design something someday with a bit of gloss and ole days vibes to see it coded on SMF. 😄
I'd love to try a collab out. Could even make the theme for both SMF and Xenforo.

Looks very good :giggle: I agree with Cory the white area stands out a bit, but it definitely has a very nostalgic feel to it!
Thank you for the feedback.

I'd love to try a collab out. Could even make the theme for both SMF and Xenforo.

Thank you for the feedback.
Yeah, this is something we need to get going. 😎 I’ll also set up what we have discussed earlier, today or tomorrow. 😀

I am not a forum owner that likes to use SMF but this theme looks awesome! It's not got too much going on and it's basic but that is not always a bad thing as you will be surprised at how many people tend to look for something basic.

The colour looks great as well and would be great for a dark mode theme :)

I am not a forum owner that likes to use SMF but this theme looks awesome! It's not got too much going on and it's basic but that is not always a bad thing as you will be surprised at how many people tend to look for something basic.

The colour looks great as well and would be great for a dark mode theme :)
BASIC :( noooooooo lol.

Nah I appreciate the feedback :). Glad that you like it.

I have updated the board index and post section a bit more.

greyedoutbi.png

greyedoutpost.png

Some thoughts....

May I suggest maybe doing something like a gradient background on the board and message index's and maybe an alternating variation on the replies so as to give a visual clue that there is a break there? I would also, for the board and message index provide a on hover variation to give a focus to which you are selecting. Maybe even do that for the subboards on the message index is there is subs in the current board so as to provide there is a difference in those and the topic replies that are listed below.

Overall I like it :)

I'm into into the grey colour but good nice clean design, I know something cool is that the same style design and theme can be any colour based ;) But since with SMF you are limited to doing a colour picker :p

The old days of SMF that I used to use back in 2016 Xd

SMF is my favorite forum software. Is there a light version of the theme?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor