Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Will you be decorating your website or forum for Easter?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Easter is a lot closer than I thought and with that comes possible decorating of our forums and websites.

I like to add a little something to my forums and websites for Easter as I feel it is a nice touch but I know some people prefer to not decorate.

Do you decorate your forum or website for Easter? What do you usually add?

If I had organic activities on my forums, I would have definitely done this. It is cool to give your site makeover for various events it you have a lot of users.

Every user is delighted when they are reminded of special days on any forum they visit. Not just Easter but every holiday.

Every user is delighted when they are reminded of special days on any forum they visit. Not just Easter but every holiday.
No, they’re really not. To me decorating a forum in a religious holiday’s trappings when I’m not a follower of that religion is questionable.

Would you have the same reaction if a forum were to decorate itself for Diwali? Tu B’Shvat? Eid ul-Fitr? Hanukkah?

No, they’re really not. To me decorating a forum in a religious holiday’s trappings when I’m not a follower of that religion is questionable.

Would you have the same reaction if a forum were to decorate itself for Diwali? Tu B’Shvat? Eid ul-Fitr? Hanukkah?
I beg to differ. There are hundreds if not thousands of holidays all over the world, one cannot be a follower of them all. But the fact that I don’t observe such holidays does not mean I frown at them, or feel inconvenient.

For instance when I see a a forum having Christmas decorations (I don’t celebrate Christmas), I don’t feel any different. It’s your holiday, enjoy.
Same thing I’ll do when I enter a mall and I’m surrounded with such decorations.

Sure, but that’s a far cry from “every user feels delighted”.

In the real world (and we do live in the real world), your community targets a certain audience. And that audience probably overlaps to a certain degree. And as long as you stay mainstream in context to your audience for things like holidays, you should be fine.

Also, for Easter, I think it's important that there's a wide range of what you can do. You can do:
  • Fluffy cute bunnies and colorful eggs, or
  • Blood-soaked Jesus and sins of humanity
One of these choices is socially harmless in probably any context. The other is more divisive.

Nope I'm not religious for one thing so I don't really celebrate the holiday, but I usually only decorate forums here and there for major Holidays like Christmas.

Personally.. no. I don't "change' anything to reflect holidays or such.
In fact, I will usually quit visiting any of my "constant" sites that do so until that holiday is over... I really don't want to see "floating hearts/unicorns/farts" when I visit. ;)

I firmly believe that everyone has their own opinion, and for me, there's nothing better than visiting websites that celebrate holidays.:)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest