Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Why isn't WBB in the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alakazam

Website
www.beautifulforums.co
Credits
Just curious: why isn't Woltlab's Burning Board in the list of sub-forums on WebsiteForums? It's a pretty popular forum software, as far as I know. It is used by some pretty huge forums, such as PewDiePie's community.

Advertisement Placeholder
Agreed, although they removed their lite version (free version) I still think they should be added on since it is a big company that may not be well known in English related forums, but is in German related forums. Plus, they've been around for awhile so it's not like it is a new forum software or one that will be going away anytime soon based on their license costs.

I guarantee the section will remain dormant for quite some time. Realistically, WoltLab have an excellent support forum and you don't usually see those who use it outwith it.

Sure, a section could be added for it, but the majority of users here (and most Webmaster forums) have no experience in using it.

Not many people use it, TBH. I had only heard of it a few months ago. It's a decent software, just not very popular.

Not many people use it, TBH. I had only heard of it a few months ago. It's a decent software, just not very popular.
Well, just google this (between quotation marks): Forum Software: Burning Board® 4.1.8, developed by WoltLab® GmbH
and you'll see how many forums use this script.

Well, just google this (between quotation marks): Forum Software: Burning Board® 4.1.8, developed by WoltLab® GmbH
and you'll see how many forums use this script.

That...doesn't work honestly. =P

And WBB is nice; it's basically a copy of SMF and Xenforo combined into one little software selling for around the same as Xenforo. It's not worth it IMO.

That...doesn't work honestly. =P

And WBB is nice; it's basically a copy of SMF and Xenforo combined into one little software selling for around the same as Xenforo. It's not worth it IMO.
For starters, its nearly half of Xenforo's price.

Secondly, it is far more capable than Xenforo and offers more of a full package vs XF's forum only/lacking features. It should be added because it is a valid choice in the premium market and as it begins gaining exposure outside of Germany, it appears to be catching many people's eyes.

Honestly, I wasn't too impressed by it when I first saw it. And I hate repeating what others have said, but the software isn't as well known as others. While I do agree that a board could be added, but I also agree that it may not receive the attention that it could potentially see, if it was discussing a more popular forum software, like IPB, phpBB, XenForo, and the likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds