Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why is unemployment rate so high?

Most people failed to be exposed some persons just have the mindset of after University or college they will com out and start working in a company and when it doesn't happen it contribute to increase unemployment

Advertisement Placeholder
When the number of available space for employment is not enough to feel everyone qualified for the position, the resulting situation will be a futher increase in unemployment. And this is always going to be a challenge globally ask well

The prevailing rate of unemployment can be traced to; over population, bad governance who syphoned the nation's common wealth, corruption in the system, lack of education and needed skills, cost of products/production, limited natural resources in a country and insecurity.

One of the main reasons why unemployment rate is so high is because there is a lots of competition in the job market. This problem is becoming more and more common in my city and even in other parts of the country due to so many people trying to seek jobs.

One of the main reasons why unemployment rate is so high is because there is a lots of competition in the job market. This problem is becoming more and more common in my city and even in other parts of the country due to so many people trying to seek jobs.
Yeah, there is so much competition indeed due to high numbers of people who are highly qualified for them. With everyone being literate, it is so hard to employ all of them. People need to look for alternative ways to use their skills other Than getting employed.

Yeah, there is so much competition indeed due to high numbers of people who are highly qualified for them. With everyone being literate, it is so hard to employ all of them. People need to look for alternative ways to use their skills other Than getting employed.

Not all of the people in my city are literate. However, when it comes to applying for a job or seeking a job, most of the candidates are literate and you must not be so surprised to find candidates who might be more qualified than you. This is why employers find it difficult to choose. There is A LOT of competition nowadays in the job market.

Unemployment rate will of course be on the increase, as long as technology keeps advancing. A situation where a machine can perform different tasks that were persons' job descriptions, thereby causing redundancy of workers in various industries.
Why is unemployment rate so high?

In recent years, economics of work have changed. The New Economy is an economy based on abundance, not scarcity. Millions of jobs are up for grab on daily basis. Everything is now online. Everything has changed; many own an online business with no physical office, some work for multinational companies at the comfort of their homes as a content creator, copywriter, deal expert and many more. Pick your battle wisely.

It is important to Invest in your knowledge, and most importantly, You shouldn’t be at home unemployed.

What’s your view on unemployment rate and the way forward?

Unemployment could be caused by some factors which includes; over population, low demand in companies, bad governance (a situation where those in power are still holding onto positions that they should have resigned from in other for the younger ones to occupy, lack of factories etc), some citizens are not ready as well to create jobs for themselves like setting up a business instead of waiting for the government.

I believe the major reason for unemployment especially in developing countries are government bad policies, corruption, multiple taxation and poor infrastructures making the environment unfavourable to do business. In some cases most of us are looking for white collar jobs where as they opportunities in other field like agriculture.

I believe the major reason for unemployment especially in developing countries are government bad policies, corruption, multiple taxation and poor infrastructures making the environment unfavourable to do business. In some cases most of us are looking for white collar jobs where as they opportunities in other field like agriculture.

I agree with you. A lack of proper foreign investments, poor decisions of the government, and unfair distribution of funds, a lack of proper use of natural resources, etc are also one of the main reasons why developing countries are so backward. i also live in such kind of a country where the inflation rate is very high.

The emergence of online business is not the cause of unemployment. Infact, it created jobs for the teeming youths. In my country, the unemployment rate is so high because the government is not providing jobs.

Over here it is very high because the government are not doing anything to stop the high level of unemployment, they do not even create industries and companies for people to work, they are just interested in themselves and how to embezzled fund.

There are thousands of graduates emerging from various institutions every year while there are limited vacancies for this set of people to get employed to and the government just chose to remain adamant to this over the years

I will blame the government and also individuals fornthe rate of unemployment which is becoming rampant and high, we as a citizen are not creative enough and even though we are business oriented , most people dont have money to start their own business, and government's are not providing enough job opportunities for the citizen.

Unemployment rate is high because of the inability of the Government to create jobs for it's teeming graduates and youths. Also, when there is no business-enabling environment ( such as electricity, good road networks ,and tax reliefs), people will struggle to venture into entrepreneurship.

My country is a very funny place with diverse opportunities. Let's b real, it hard living in Nigeria were I come from because its almost as if people expect you as a youth to fail.

Producing graduate yearly without government establishing of industries or empower the youth will continue increases the rate of unemployment of graduates

Producing graduate yearly without government establishing of industries or empower the youth will continue increases the rate of unemployment of graduates
That is one of the things that causes unemployment,yearly new graduate is been produce but no sufficient work to offer then when they go into the labour market,I beleive that goverment should try their best and create more industries so people can get themself involve and be employed

I think the major cause of unemployment is overpopulation and very low employment opportunity by government

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds