Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why I hate leather couch

Sparr

Recognized member
Credits
Having a leather couch at home looks nice and makes the living room very beautiful. But one thing that I hate so much about leather is that with time, it will start to wear out and crack all over which makes it look very ugly.

Who else hates leather couch?

Advertisement Placeholder
Never been a fan of leather couches, to be honest. Unless they are really looked after to prevent wear and tear and cracking they definitely do end up looking a sight for sore eyes after a while. Not to mention when it's a hot, humid day and you sit on one and you stick to the leather if you have shorts on.

Never been a fan of leather couches, to be honest. Unless they are really looked after to prevent wear and tear and cracking they definitely do end up looking a sight for sore eyes after a while. Not to mention when it's a hot, humid day and you sit on one and you stick to the leather if you have shorts on.
My brother had to change the whole leather of his couch last December because they look like shit. If you even sit on the couch, it's going to be rough and scratching on your skin if you're not wearing clothes.

I don't hate leather. I have a fairly big L shaped white leather couch in my living room. It's easy to maintain and clean and still looks good after 10 years.

I did choose to go for alcantara for my car a few years ago on purpose after years having leather. My new gaming chair is also alcantara.
It must be a very high quality leather material for it to still be looking good after 10 years.
Mine didn't last up to 6 years and it looks so bad that I find it very difficult to have any visitors at home.

It must be a very high quality leather material for it to still be looking good after 10 years.
Mine didn't last up to 6 years and it looks so bad that I find it very difficult to have any visitors at home.
It was indeed a very expensive couch when it was new. But I used to maintain it a lot more than I do now. People forget that leather needs maintenance and it's like human skin. If it's dry, it's bad. And just like your skin likes treatment, your leather likes that too.

It was indeed a very expensive couch when it was new. But I used to maintain it a lot more than I do now. People forget that leather needs maintenance and it's like human skin. If it's dry, it's bad. And just like your skin likes treatment, your leather likes that too.
Now that's very informative. Maybe I didn't manage and maintain mine well as I suppose to and it was why why it damaged quickly. But I would have to look at getting a better quality brand and see how far it lasts. Which ways to you use to maintain yours?

Now that's very informative. Maybe I didn't manage and maintain mine well as I suppose to and it was why why it damaged quickly. But I would have to look at getting a better quality brand and see how far it lasts. Which ways to you use to maintain yours?
I actually use car leather products. :ROFLMAO:

First I use a leather cleaner, which is just a kinda soap water spray. Combined with a brush made of horse hair.
When the couch is cleaned, a leather conditioner is applied by rubbing in the leather, and wiping it off after a few minutes to make the leather soft.
You can apply a protection layer after the process.

chemical-guys-leather-cleaner-gallon.gifchemical-guys-leather-conditioner.gifchemical-guys-leather-protectant-serum.gifdetailpro-leather-and-upholstery-brush-medium.png

There are many brands with the correct products btw.

I always found it got sticky and sweaty if sat on too long.

I don't mind leather, but hate in the hotter months when the leather sticks to the skin if you're wearing shorts. I can't really have leather because the cat will TEAR it up too.
Yeah, that's right. It becomes so uncomfortable for you to sit in it for long. I'd just sit on the floor tiles because it's more cool.

I'd just sit on the floor tiles because it's more cool
Never ran into that here in Texas. In the winter, the heat retention is nice.. in the summer.. we simply crank the central air down to a comfortable level. We are about to have to replace our leather couch and love seat... but can't complain, they were purchased in 1996.

Exactly, people often forget leather needs to be taken care of.

But I don't like leather couches. When even being the tiniest sweaty, it's very unpleasant to sit on it. And then rip your skin off when you try to get up lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds