Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do employees quit?

Advertisement Placeholder
Most of the people I know who have resigned is due to dissatisfaction with the salary payment, others motivated by the desire to improve and find where to perform their functions better and gain more experience and finally by the difference in work with their direct boss .

If one isn't satisfied with his or her earnings they opt for resignation. Working under a boss shouldn't be a lasting one. One should save during serving a boss and have the mindset that one day he or she will be a boss too.

Employee's quit their jobs for many reasons , because they cant cope due to the stress of the workload or maybe because they are been paid lesser than the work they are doing, or maybe they are being molested , sexually abused or embarrass by the employer.

In my own experience it is usually the greener pasture and not much reason for the previous employer. But there was one boss who was a tyrant that maybe had contributed to my desire to leave the company although again it was more for the better employment.

If one isn't satisfied with his or her earnings they opt for resignation. Working under a boss shouldn't be a lasting one. One should save during serving a boss and have the mindset that one day he or she will be a boss too.
It's a good point ,"One should save while serving a boss and have the mindset that one day he or she will be a boss too." It is the correct attitude that a worker with a desire to excel must have. Many employees are only satisfied with working in a company and growing old there, others in turn have a desire to learn and then be an entrepreneur.

Employees quit for many reasons, for example..

When they get a better prospect

When they are not satisfied with the pay scale

When they are not satisfied with the nature of the job

When they are bullied by co-workers

When the boss is too bossy

When they become a part of scandal (for example, they have affairs with co-workers), etc.

When I left the job, I left because I had a fight with the boss. I quit the job just in 17 days.

People quit their jobs due to several reasons from my experience as a manager which could be stress at work, getting a better offer with more pay, a more challenging job or as you said starting up their own establishment.

It's a good point ,"One should save while serving a boss and have the mindset that one day he or she will be a boss too." It is the correct attitude that a worker with a desire to excel must have. Many employees are only satisfied with working in a company and growing old there, others in turn have a desire to learn and then be an entrepreneur.
That's true, when serving a boss we should have a mindset to become a boss too in the future. For those who work and grow old working under their own boss have no better plans for themselves.

Employees quit for many reasons, for example..

When they get a better prospect

When they are not satisfied with the pay scale

When they are not satisfied with the nature of the job

When they are bullied by co-workers

When the boss is too bossy

When they become a part of scandal (for example, they have affairs with co-workers), etc.

When I left the job, I left because I had a fight with the boss. I quit the job just in 17 days.
In your thread you say everything @Nomad, the reasons are multiple, and you leave the vast majority of them written. I even worked in a bank where 3 superiors had to resign, because they were caught falsifying and stealing, and that happens in other companies where people with bad actions work.

I think most employees are human too and they deserve support ,so this makes them quit if their boss is putting much burden on them outside the work they are doing

I think most employees are human too and they deserve support ,so this makes them quit if their boss is putting much burden on them outside the work they are doing
You are right many bosses act incorrectly when they overwork their subordinates. There are also conscious employers who hire another employee to lessen the workload, those who only think about saving money abuse them, which leads to resignation of workers because they feel they are not valued properly.

Employees quit there jobs when the job is no longer favorable. This can be either the pay check is nothing to write home about or the working condition is to demanding and stressful. If care is not taking, companies are liable to lose their valuable employee. This is the reason some big brands create a incentive programs for the workers and also ensure they work in a good working environment.

From my side, people Quit because they want better job (better pay scale and other benefits). I too was unsatisfied in my job and was selected for higher paying with more benefit job in another state, however I decided to not to join it because I wanted in home state,

From my side, people Quit because they want better job (better pay scale and other benefits). I too was unsatisfied in my job and was selected for higher paying with more benefit job in another state, however I decided to not to join it because I wanted in home state,
Okay, everyone have decision why the quit or still hang on to a job just as your facts stated. I just can't see myself working when I'm totally dissatisfied with payment and working system in the company.

I think money is the primary reason why employees quit. let say, your salary is $100, when you get a job that offers $120, wouldn't you quit your existing job.

Money might be just one reasons for quitting. Sometimes people also quit for personal issues and bullying. If you have a tussle with coworkers or even with the boss, you are likely to quit.

Numerous reasons. When I look back at my own working career I would list the main reason as boredom and wanting to move on to something better, perhaps more money, higher working status. etc. I have made mistakes too from thinking I was going to get something better. I used to work on the checkouts at a supermarket which I absolutely loved. I was offered a job in the office for a lot more money but I can honestly say I hated it. That taught me that it's not always about the money. You have to be happy in your work too.

It's really important to be able to get on with your colleagues too. If you don't going in every day and working in a negative atmosphere can be very stressful. Yep, I've done that too!

Why do employees quit in your view? Personally, I think most of the time it's because a boss is being a boss. They should rather be a leader and lead the team to the right direction
Most employee quits work because of the workload and stress related to the job but no increament in their salary scale but the workload is getting too much for them to handle.

Employer going to quit if the working condition is no longer benefits them in terms of income and other things. This is why it is very important for business owner to create conducive environment for their workers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds