Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Why did you create your forum?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Why did you create the forum or site that your currently run? I created my old site simply because I had helped run a student forum before but after it went downhill I decided to start my own simply because I was naieve back then and I thought that I could turn it into something brilliant quickly due to the lack of student forums I have seen around. Obviously I was wrong but it was also that 'thrill' of running your own forum.

What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
basically because i thought i could do a better job. i was on sky forums and there were several problems foremost of which was the unexplained random deletion of threads for no apparent reason. there is nothing more annoying than being in the middle of a good debate only to have it disappear.

i opened a small site with the promise of no deletions and had a small number of regular posters - when sky closed i ended up with 3/4 of their membership and made it up as i went along.

i did close that because of issues with forumotion including believing they were going to take the domain back or charge for it (their charges are daylight robbery) and tried moving everything to a new domain which failed for a number of reasons. however i was able at last minute to extract my successful domain from forumotion and it has just and just propagated to my paid host - so i will be relaunching

I was bored of blogging and I always loved forums!
So thought of starting one and started this with Sam who obviously had lots of experience with forum compared to me! :)

I wanted to have a community that I was in control of to express my interests and share it with like minded people. On places like Discord or Facebook Groups, you're not in full control of your community and they can be removed at any time whether it's from guidelines changing or the platform shuts down. Plus you can customize a forum, with themes and graphics and you can't do that in a Facebook group or Discord server.

I create forums based on passions.

I used to create one for everything I got into. I overwhelmed myself and got burned out. I left the forum world for years after that.

Nowadays, it has to be something I'm super passionate about.

I have many other websites (mainly blogs) that are earning me a profit. They've become a secondary income and are now businesses, most being registered LLCs. So, those get priority and the few forums I have are there many for fun.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 10)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds