Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

WHMCS Pricing

Credits
As some of you may know, WHMCS changed its pricing structure a little bit over a year ago, and they moved away from having the traditional structure of paying a lump sum and becoming a permanent owner of a WHMCS license. Now they have moved to a subscription-based model, similar to the type of set up that Shopify has. You pay $20-40 each month based on the number of clients that you have and if you wish to have the branding removed.

For those of us who recall when this change made, did it irritate you? If you're like me, I regret straight up purchasing a license while I still had the chance. :p

How do you guys feel about their pricing model? As a consumer, I'm not a fan, but you can definitely see why it makes much more sense for this company to do this.

Advertisement Placeholder
How do you guys feel about their pricing model? As a consumer, I'm not a fan, but you can definitely see why it makes much more sense for this company to do this.

It's honestly the only platform that I know that does that (that does Hosting billing that is). As every other one like Blesta and Clientexec only charges you for the branding/no branding.

To me it just that they just "cashing out" before the competition "kicks up" because eventually someone WILL teach them a lesson or so. Because not only that but people are reportedly saying that their customer service had gone with it.

I dislike the fact they base it off of how much clientele your company has. It should be a fee w/ different packages. Starter, Elite, Professional, etc. Should not be based on clients. Cause if you exceed that amount you will most likely have to purchase a new one.

It irritated me when they done this switch, but luckily we had already purchased the lifetime license. I do hate that they increased the renewal cost to $100/year although.

I dislike the fact they base it off of how much clientele your company has. It should be a fee w/ different packages. Starter, Elite, Professional, etc. Should not be based on clients. Cause if you exceed that amount you will most likely have to purchase a new one.

I agree with that. This is their way of sharing in your success. It’s a good business decision for them though.

It irritated me when they done this switch, but luckily we had already purchased the lifetime license. I do hate that they increased the renewal cost to $100/year although.

How much was the renewal cost before? Like $50?

I wasn't even aware they changed their pricing policy, need to stay on top of things better lol

Yeah, it made a lot of people unhappy.

It’s also totally changed the reseller web hosting game. So many web hosts used to include a leased copy of WHMCS in their reseller plans, but the price changes has made it much harder to offer that.

Yeah, it made a lot of people unhappy.

It’s also totally changed the reseller web hosting game. So many web hosts used to include a leased copy of WHMCS in their reseller plans, but the price changes has made it much harder to offer that.
I was one of those that it affected. I used to offer WHMCS for free on select packages, but after the change, I no longer could.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds