Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Where is all the traffic coming from?

Advertisement Placeholder
We're just popular 🤷

Season 4 Drama GIF by NETFLIX

I wonder how XF counts bots in that widget.

Did you all recently acquire another forum or database?

I'm seeing a lot of old posts from me in 2012.
Admin Junkies merged with Forum Explorers, WebGuruBB, and WebsiteForums bringing a decade of history to Admin Junkies :)

I did try to find the announcement but couldn't see it, @joelr will be able to give more information on the merge :)

What happened to AAF or DC?
AAF was my first admin forum way back in the day. It was pretty big, IIRC.

I got overwhelmed and depressed (life wasn't good at that time) and went offline for quite a few years in terms of forums and websites.

AAF was deleted.

DC was also deleted because I felt it wasn't going anywhere and I changed careers. Now that I'm in a stable job, I can focus on forums again, but I don't want to try my hand at another admin forum. I'll leave that to you guys because you're better at it than me.

I'll be active here instead! :)

How does AJ rank in search engines?
For brand identity terms like 'admin junkies' or 'adminjunkies' we already hold position #1 on Google with an average clickthrough rate of 94%.

For our normal webmaster content, we do not rank well at all on search engines. Most of our discussions are too shallow and too common, to be candid. With that said, I do not believe other webmaster sites that benchmark in our same class rank any better for general webmaster content. The problem is the superficialness of our content, not the sites.

I will add that I'm doing other things behind-the-scenes to invest in our brand and impression count.

For brand identity terms like 'admin junkies' or 'adminjunkies' we already hold position #1 on Google with an average clickthrough rate of 94%.

For our normal webmaster content, we do not rank well at all on search engines. Most of our discussions are too shallow and too common, to be candid. With that said, I do not believe other webmaster sites that benchmark in our same class rank any better for general webmaster content. The problem is the superficialness of our content, not the sites.

I will add that I'm doing other things behind-the-scenes to invest in our brand and impression count.
What might be some ways to remedy the situation?

What might be some ways to remedy the situation?
This isn't a critique of you, but a lot of people try to jump to this question.

Other questions we need to ask ourselves: are there other ways to achieve popularity or engagement? Google Search and, more specifically, organic search is not the only way to grow.

Popular among spammers too! 😝 A lot joined recently and flooded the forum!
Funny there's an article about it that could help Admin Junkies:
https://admin-junkies.com/articles/once-you-start-a-forum-you-can’t-quit-a-tale-of-neglect-and-spam.101/

3. Use Anti-Spam Tools: Leverage technology to fight spam. Many forum platforms offer plugins and tools to filter out spammy posts and block suspicious accounts. Regularly update these tools to stay ahead of new spam tactics.

Scenario 1: The Influx of Spam
Jake’s forum, after months of neglect, was filled with spam posts. Genuine members were frustrated and started leaving. To turn things around, Jake could have:
  • Implemented stricter registration processes to verify new users.
  • Set up automatic filters to catch and remove spammy content.
  • Regularly monitored the forum to quickly address any spam that slipped through.
1719648476942.png

For some of the above I'd resurrect the idea of outreach to forum admins/owners of some of the true larger forums on the net. That would get a different grade of chat in, even if it can't be expected to be all that frequent since y'know, big places to run.

For some of the above I'd resurrect the idea of outreach to forum admins/owners of some of the true larger forums on the net. That would get a different grade of chat in, even if it can't be expected to be all that frequent since y'know, big places to run.
It's not science really:

- Akismet
- Project Honey Pot
- StopForumSpam
- Cloudflare

Paired with an add-on from Ozzy247:

https://xenforo.com/community/resou...-spaminator-stop-spam-bot-registrations.7410/

And understanding your community takes you a long way. You don't magically get 100+ registrations overnight like here. It takes time. And the fact that you can see that most tend to follow the same trend: "managing accounts details, viewing help, etc." Or a post that is obviously written by AI with a link.

So there's obviously something lacking in the anti spam measures. Xenforo isn't great at it from standalone, but you need to do some digging and setting up different api keys from services like mentioned above. That usually tricks out 80%-90% of the registered spam accounts.

Perhaps turn on admin approval temporarily as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds