Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

When should you give raises? And how often?

In my home country, the standard practice of giving salary raise is whenever the government also raises the salary of its employees. When the government raises salaries, the private companies also raise the salary. Normally, the government gives salary raise every 2-3 years. However, some company have their one schedule for raising salary, they raise salary when they make a lot of profits.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my home country, the standard practice of giving salary raise is whenever the government also raises the salary of its employees. When the government raises salaries, the private companies also raise the salary. Normally, the government gives salary raise every 2-3 years. However, some company have their one schedule for raising salary, they raise salary when they make a lot of profits.

The government of my country are going to be the last people that will increase salary unless it is something that is going to benefit them. They recently increased politicians pay to 114% but not the workers pay. Over the past 15 years they have not increased the minimum wage which is very poor.

Companies can take the approach of increasing their employees salaries little by little every few years.

This approach is a lot better than increasing the salary of their employees by a lot every five to ten years.

This would make the employees happier and more motivated as they know that their salary will increase again in a few years.

Well from my experience and observation in what is happening with other people where they usually working, most of these companies are more of takers or users than givers because they don't really have much regard for the good benefits of the workers.

I can understand this because I have myself worked in a company that used to take advantage of employees. They also used to hire very young people because such kind of people are the ones who may need a job. This also includes students and young adolescents as well.

I can understand this because I have myself worked in a company that used to take advantage of employees. They also used to hire very young people because such kind of people are the ones who may need a job. This also includes students and young adolescents as well.

It is always very frustrating when you have wasted your time and energy giving your best working for a company only for them to turn out and treat you like you're not worth anything especially when it comes to when they are supposed to pay you, they will be making all manner of excuses not to pay your salary.

Normally it should be done every two years interval. But there should be raise if there is economy hardship and the salary cannot sustain the workers. This will help the workers to leave comfortably well for the company.

Normally it should be done every two years interval. But there should be raise if there is economy hardship and the salary cannot sustain the workers. This will help the workers to leave comfortably well for the company.

Some people will argue that workers are supposed to get a raise when the economy is having a very serious challenge in terms of inflation because they will be needing more money to be able to cater for the increasing prices of things in the economy, while others will argue that it is not going to be feasible for companies to give salary raise to their workers whenever there is an economic crisis because the company will find it very difficult to keep the business in a good shape in terms of profit-making.

I think it is great that some businesses are able to give raises when they are able to but if they give raises too often, it can have a bad effect on their business and also their finances as well within the business.

I have known businesses to give raises at least every 1 - 2 years and that is usually after they have looked at their finances and see how much of a profit they have made through a period of time and established whether a raise at that time would be ideal or would cause a loss in the business.

I would say that 1 - 2 years depending on the business is definitely a reasonable time frame for pay rises.

Some people will argue that workers are supposed to get a raise when the economy is having a very serious challenge in terms of inflation because they will be needing more money to be able to cater for the increasing prices of things in the economy, while others will argue that it is not going to be feasible for companies to give salary raise to their workers whenever there is an economic crisis because the company will find it very difficult to keep the business in a good shape in terms of profit-making.
To keep the balance, there should be increment in the products of the company. With this, company will have enough money to pay with. Not raising salaries during inflation crisis can make the workers to find alternative of getting work in some other better places.

Workers getting a raise should be based on how the business have been performing over a couple of years. It should be between 2-3 years for you to know there's a consistency in the money and profit your business makes to know it's a raise you can be able to pay for a long time and not what you will pay once and your business will start struggling.

It is always very frustrating when you have wasted your time and energy giving your best working for a company only for them to turn out and treat you like you're not worth anything especially when it comes to when they are supposed to pay you, they will be making all manner of excuses not to pay your salary.

Well, you will encounter many such kind of companies that never value the efforts of employees. Honestly speaking, most of the employees are not working willingly in such kind of companies. They only endure such companies because they may not have many options. So, they usually find a job in such companies and still search for alternatives.

Well, you will encounter many such kind of companies that never value the efforts of employees. Honestly speaking, most of the employees are not working willingly in such kind of companies. They only endure such companies because they may not have many options. So, they usually find a job in such companies and still search for alternatives.

Personally, this is the reason why I don't have any kind of loyalty for any company that I'm working for because they are always in there for their own profit making at the expense of the workers. So, I am always going to look out for myself in a situation whereby if I get a better alternative that pays me better, I'm going to leave the job to the new company.

When do you think is the best time to give raises? And how often should you give raises? I would love to get raises every so often with the work I do. I think every few years would be good, but a decent raise would be welcomed.

I can't put a time frame on when raises should be given. However, it is necessary to give raises to people that are putting extra effort to see that the job is done. These people are the ones that should be appreciated as that will make them either do more or encourage others to more too.

I can't put a time frame on when raises should be given. However, it is necessary to give raises to people that are putting extra effort to see that the job is done. These people are the ones that should be appreciated as that will make them either do more or encourage others to more too.

I believe that the first for you to put into consideration when it comes to giving raises to your workers is the stability of your business and the profit making. After you must have seen how stable your business is when it comes to profit-making, then you can decide on those who are contributing more to the success of your business to be the ones that are going to get a raise in their salary within a specific period of time.

Personally, this is the reason why I don't have any kind of loyalty for any company that I'm working for because they are always in there for their own profit making at the expense of the workers. So, I am always going to look out for myself in a situation whereby if I get a better alternative that pays me better, I'm going to leave the job to the new company.

Well, we must remember that companies are never loyal to their employees. Only a few companies might be loyal to their employees and offer them the best kind of facilities. Many companies never offer raises or bonuses. What's quite worse is the fact that they never pay basic salaries on time wither.

Well, I believe that it should be given when an employee is being promoted to a higher position and that's the normal everywhere. You can also do this if there are special employees that are working on an important project other than what they were initially employed for.

A raise should be given when due most especially when you make an agreement with a staff that at a particular. In time they will be raise. But some bosses tend to act coy and smart by train tantrums when conversation of increase comes on the table but get upset when it has to do with your Jobs that is on the line

I think that issue should be discussed with the management to agree on time to increase the wages of the staffs.
But if I want to suggest, I would say at least every 2 years is ideal to review the salaries of your staffs as things and inflation keep rising..

There are companies which wouldn't give any of their workers any raise for as long as they worked for them. There are some owners who can be very stingy with paying. They payment agreed for you when you're employed is what they will stick to until you leave the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds