Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

When should you give raises? And how often?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When do you think is the best time to give raises? And how often should you give raises? I would love to get raises every so often with the work I do. I think every few years would be good, but a decent raise would be welcomed.

Advertisement Placeholder
The usual practice is to give yearly raise after an appraisal but if an employee is performing exceptionally well, he or she can be given a raise in appreciation of their effort and this could also encourage other employees to better their performance.

It's essential to establish clear and transparent criteria for evaluating performance, determining eligibility for raises, and communicating these processes to employees. Regularly reviewing and adjusting compensation ensures that employees feel valued, motivated, and fairly rewarded for their contributions.

The usual practice is to give yearly raise after an appraisal but if an employee is performing exceptionally well, he or she can be given a raise in appreciation of their effort and this could also encourage other employees to better their performance.

I'm actually works in a company before where the means which we get raise in our salary depends on our productivity on monthly basis, which doesn't have to mean that we would wait for a whole year before our salaries can be increased. So the more we improve in our sales on daily basis, the more chances we have in getting our salaries increased.

When do you think is the best time to give raises? And how often should you give raises? I would love to get raises every so often with the work I do. I think every few years would be good, but a decent raise would be welcomed.

I think that a raise in pay should be given when it is necessary and due. The fact remains that we should not expect our employees to work for us for low wages. Inflation is increasing a lot and things are becoming really hard to manage. This is why a raise in pay is important.

I think that a raise in pay should be given when it is necessary and due. The fact remains that we should not expect our employees to work for us for low wages. Inflation is increasing a lot and things are becoming really hard to manage. This is why a raise in pay is important.

I've actually seen some businesses that never gave their workers any kind of salary raise no matter how many years they have worked in such organisation and the consequences of this is that most of their workers end up not working for a long time for the company.

I think raises should be earned two ways -

One being that you have earned it through hard work and you are bringing something to the company that warrants it.

Two being to show appropriation for your time and loyalty, i.e. giving a raise for time committed to said company. This can be a small raise every year or a decent sized raise every 3 to 5 years.

I've actually seen some businesses that never gave their workers any kind of salary raise no matter how many years they have worked in such organisation and the consequences of this is that most of their workers end up not working for a long time for the company.

Telemarketing companies in my country usually never raise the salaries of people and they do not promote people that easily. Usually managers in such kind of companies hold such big positions because they have some kind of connection with the owner.

It's good thing since it improves motivation but you shouldn't do that often since it can hurt bussness

I think maybe every 2 years would be fine as long as you increase the salary of those who deserve it only, this can motivate those who strive to do their job always better.

I think maybe every 2 years would be fine as long as you increase the salary of those who deserve it only, this can motivate those who strive to do their job always better.

The most important thing is that the business or company will schedule their employee salary raise in a way that it is not going to impact heavy expenses on the company's business dealings annually.

With the percentage of inflation rising so much, I think that a two year window would be a really low time period. However, I can understand that the companies cannot raise salaries too early because they have to manage their expenses and this could be a really hard thing to do, especially in case if the company is not performing well.

With the percentage of inflation rising so much, I think that a two year window would be a really low time period. However, I can understand that the companies cannot raise salaries too early because they have to manage their expenses and this could be a really hard thing to do, especially in case if the company is not performing well.
You are right, today wages are not raised at the same speed as inflation rises, but well before I commented that every 2 years would be fine, although it may seem a long time compared to how fast inflation rises, it really depends on the percentage that you raise the salary, if it is very little it really would not be of great help, but maybe it could be something more generous, everything also depends on the taxes of each country and how much they tax companies in it for this.

The simple truth is that the inflation that is going on is not only affecting the workers who are working in a particular company but the company generally is also affected. So everything should be put into consideration when it comes to increasing workers pay.

You are right, today wages are not raised at the same speed as inflation rises, but well before I commented that every 2 years would be fine, although it may seem a long time compared to how fast inflation rises, it really depends on the percentage that you raise the salary, if it is very little it really would not be of great help, but maybe it could be something more generous, everything also depends on the taxes of each country and how much they tax companies in it for this.

In my country, inflation has increased at an alarming rate. For example, the price of gasoline was Rs.150 two years ago, now it is around Rs.285! This is an insane level of raise in the price of fuel and many people do not have the ability to afford it. They tend to compromise a lot and they use public transportation services instead.

In my country, inflation has increased at an alarming rate. For example, the price of gasoline was Rs.150 two years ago, now it is around Rs.285! This is an insane level of raise in the price of fuel and many people do not have the ability to afford it. They tend to compromise a lot and they use public transportation services instead.

It is always very frustrating when this kind of thing happens in a country and the workers salaries are not increase simultaneously to be able to allow them afford the things that they used to be able to afford before the inflation.

Personally I think there is absolutely no specific time to which raises can be given to employees but it all depends on well and how good the performance of the employees.

You can prefer to give on a specific time basis which will helped to also encourage others.

It is always very frustrating when this kind of thing happens in a country and the workers salaries are not increase simultaneously to be able to allow them afford the things that they used to be able to afford before the inflation.

On the contrary, there are many businesses that have a policy. They tend to raise the salaries of their employees after their employees have served the company for a specific term. On the other hand, there are many unethical companies that tend to use employees.

On the contrary, there are many businesses that have a policy. They tend to raise the salaries of their employees after their employees have served the company for a specific term. On the other hand, there are many unethical companies that tend to use employees.

Well from my experience and observation in what is happening with other people where they usually working, most of these companies are more of takers or users than givers because they don't really have much regard for the good benefits of the workers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds