Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's the worst business strategy you've ever seen?

I remember a firm that was not really doing well an the management kept taking it out of the staffs meanwhile the firm never had a proper financial plan or even office at that

Advertisement Placeholder
The worst I have seen is advertising a business on TV without the product being available. I mean when I saw the ads, I rushed to the market to get the product but to my surprise, they said it was not yet out, I mean who does that?.
Terrible market strategy.
The product is nowhere to be found in the market today cos they spent all the cash on advert.
Lol..
Yes thats one of the worst business strategies is advertising products on Tv without the product been available, even on the street some people will be advertising a product they don't have in the shop for you.

I think one of the worst strategies of business that I have seen was in a restaurant where If you go to eat, you will go together with the chef to make the meal.

Not having consumers in advance for the items you are now selling, not promoting effectively, and not using social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram, and not checking out market prices for products and service and who is in competition.

I cannot speak about others but my worst business strategy was inviting a new partner who not not trustworthy. I knew the person was not trustworthy but I though I could tame him.

One of the biggest mistakes I see is trying to sell to the wrong customers, for example, people are trying to sell a comb to a bald man. Selling wrong products is also a bad business strategy.

The worst business strategy I saw, ended in a tragedy. A brother-in-law of mine opened a business choosing the wrong partner, because his partner had no skills at all to carry on businesses. He was a good man, but lacked whatever financial knowledge and lacked schooling too. My brother-in-law was in no condition to teach to his partner financial tips, because he lacked financial knowledge too. Moral of this history: the business failed in a short time, leaving my brother-in-law so broken at the point he and all his family (wife and sons) needed the help of their respective parents to fill all their very basic needs.

The worst and funniest business strategy I saw was a neighbor, copying me to do a poultry farm and when the chickens kept dying, she quit. Obviously, she thought the business has no risk because I did it happily not knowing I was battling with challenges too.

the worst business strategy I have ever seen is someone venturering into a business without having adequate preparation and without planning,the business does not last any long.

The worst strategy I know is that there is no supervision and control from the business owner so that almost all employees carry out data manipulation and corruption, and even worse, the company has never been audited by a public accountant, so the company finally closed.

I think the worst business strategy I've come across is setting up close to a competitor and doing all sorts to try to take their loyalists away without even having a great idea of the business.
Even down to approaching customers or using sly means before they come around.

I have noticed this trend recently. The advertising and marketing groups insult men and try to destroy traditions. And by doing that they glorify progressive mindset of todays time. They think this will work long term. And in reality this is not only worst but people are waking upto such attacks through ads. I think it's one of the worst strategy by marketers.
One of the things that thrive and makes headline and traffic are mostly negative news,and you have to just deal with it,because it is the reflection of the society at large.Some persons would just cash in on the trend and put out their ads.

The worst business strategy have seen is to do a business with little or no idea of what you really want. Just doing things because others are doing it or because you have the funds is not always good. You should have a vision for your business
This is one common reason alot of persons go into various business today, and I do not really blame them. They have limited knowledge of that particular business, so they feel if others are able to make it then they as well can also make it too. DO you think every single person found in such a situation lack vision?

The worst business strategy have seen is to do a business with little or no idea of what you really want. Just doing things because others are doing it or because you have the funds is not always good. You should have a vision for your business

LoL,what about those who believe they can learn on the job, how would you classify this kind of business strategy? I have come across some persons who feel no need taking their time to learn, they can actually learn with real life situations.

The worst I've ever seen is someone creating a business based on the success of others without understanding what the industry is all about.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds