Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's the worst business strategy you've ever seen?

Worst business strategy is I think is operating a business that aims to cheat people, for examples MLM, Ponzi scheme, HYIP, etc. These are not real business, just a way to cheat people.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would like to tell us what a stranger told me that made me discover my mistake.
'If you open your school with a great standard for free, some people won't bring their children, because not everyone would be satisfied with what you do'.
That is the point when I decided not to run the school on credit.

I have seen a case where a small scale business tried to compete in price with a large scale business forgetting that producing in large quantities come with economies of scale and as such lower price per quantity. It resulted in the failure of the business and I am sure management would have learnt a few things from this.

A lot of people think that because they have huge capital they could just start up any business and succeed, it doesn't really work this way and this is surely the worst business strategy I had ever seen. For a business to work out as planned, one need a lot of ideas about what he or she is about engaging into. Also making of all necessary plans is also very important.

The worst business strategy is increasing price of your products when you have challenges with compititors in the market. If you do that as a business owner your customers subtitles your products for other products and you will end up loosing costumers. Many business owners and manager makes wrong business strategies sometimes that end up running the company down, this is why as a business manager you must make research before you carryout any strategic plans on your business.

The worst business strategy I have ever seen is the one I witness with my boss who have to be a proprietress of a school. She is only after population not minding the calibre of parents that come into the school; most of the parents are debtors and were taking the school for granted.
To me I think having a well furnished policies from the beginning of founding the school or any business is imperative

The worst business strategy i have ever seen is an hyip program business strategy , like for instance invest some certain amount and get it doubled without doing anything , i hate stuffs like that i think

Some are over pricing your product beyond the capacity of your customers. This can keep your business faster than any other thing.

Another is to locate your business far away from you customers their costing extra money to get the product deliver to the time.

Interesting question! The worse business strategy I had witness is borrowing large amount of money in form of a loan and using it wrongly resulting into debt and closure of the business. It is dangerous and not a wise plan to start up a business base on loan.

Worst I've seen isa scenario of spending as the money is coming in forgetting there should be a balance between cost of goods sold and general sales. They felt as they were selling, it was right to spend up immediately since money was coming in forgetting that they spent to acquire the goods they're selling. When you forget how much owner's equity and owner's investment, and you spend more than you earn or spend capital alongside your profit or gain, then it's totally wrong
[automerge]1610560608[/automerge]
Worst I've seen isa scenario of spending as the money is coming in forgetting there should be a balance between cost of goods sold and general sales. They felt as they were selling, it was right to spend up immediately since money was coming in forgetting that they spent to acquire the goods they're selling. When you forget how much owner's equity and owner's investment, and you spend more than you earn or spend capital alongside your profit or gain, then it's totally wrong

Last edited:
The worst business strategy is starting business with less knowledge or experience also with lesss interest in business but to keep carriying on the business because for the money and profit.and unpreparedness for the ups and down of business.

Worst business strategy that i've ever seen was from a food stall i've visit once. Their food was the worst it's like they didn't even put any efforts on making them. I happened to know one of the employee there and i asked why's their food like that. He said the owners doesn't care if the consumers will avoid them next time as long as there's someone nee to buy their products it's good.

When the product first came out I’m assuming they were trying to tap into the diet soda market by zigging when everyone else was zagging by targeting men.Ok, thats fair - tapping into a relatively underrepresented market - could be a good idea.However, the commercials didn’t just target men, it alienated anyone who wasn’t a man

The most worst strategy I have seen is not planning for business and started business without any plan as everyone now a days starting and building business for development but they even Don't have an idea about business that what to do.
So the worst strategy is that we should decide first than move further.

This is an open conversation, so you are free to make contributions let's learn together.
Free services should not given by the company.this is very bad experienced seen.discount would be preferable to get more profit.

Free services should not given by the company.this is very bad experienced seen.discount would be preferable to get more profit.
Thanks you sir for your contribution, a regular customer deserves some discount in any business organization, cos they are contributing to the growth of the company, the company can't do without them, so they really need discount and some giveaways to maintain them as customers.

I think the worst business strategy is starting a business with low capital and not having a proper plan, most investors in forex here can relate, it will crash in your face

I shall refrain from mentioning the name of this company.It was a fairly new company with a new product, and started to spend 10s of thousands on marketing. It worked perfectly, they got many people requesting their product. It was a hit.They forgot about checking if they can scale that quickly. They forgot to budget in the manufacturing costs, employees needed, logistics, and the list goes on.

My most expensive business failures were a restaurant, an eBay selling store, and a few technology projects that didn’t work out over the last decade. The problems in the business plan was almost always putting the wrong people in charge or a partner who just couldn’t carry their weight.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds