Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What will you do if your are asked to head a family business against your will???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayzzy3

Mythical member
Credits
In most parts of the work it very common to have parents prepare their children to succeed them in and take over running the family business.

Sometimes this heir would have their personal plans so refuse the offer, leading to acrimonious atmosphere in the family.

If you were to be that shoe, how will you deal with it??

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe children should be allowed to make their decisions when once they've come off age. And these decisions should be respected. If I am not interested I will with all respect decline the offer, stating my reasons why I can't handle the company's business.

I will either choose to head it or o don't. And since you're saying if it is against my will, then most definitely will not head it. This has nothing to do with being rude. I just can't be made to do what I don't want to do outside my will. I won't do it for anybody

Well, to start with, no one can force me into doing something against my will. I'm capable of making my own choices and I'm also responsible for the outcome. In a case like this, I would politely decline the offer with tangible reasons.

I will scale the business up and find ways to automate it while I focus on my own work or other interests, bill gate doesn't have to go to work everyday, neither does mark Zuckerberg. Basically find a way for the business to run on it's own.

As for me I have no problem with that than to act as to head a family business against my will but wait this very dangerous because it's against my will and moreover heading a family business is very dangerous on his own because it's what as happen to me to the extend my elder brother send hire killer to me and send letter and my family went to get securities for me till I left within a year

Heading a business is a free will. It has to come from the mind, if you are forced to head the family business without your wish the business might collapse. For every business there must be passion from the within to carry on with the business, time and energy will be dedicated to the business in a situation whereby you were not interested in a business you were being forced to head that kind of business is a failure from the beginning. It is better you reject the offer.

In most parts of the work it very common to have parents prepare their children to succeed them in and take over running the family business.

Sometimes this heir would have their personal plans so refuse the offer, leading to acrimonious atmosphere in the family.

I don't think anyone should be pushed to succeed in a family business if it is not their inclination to. Family legacy is a hard-won battle and it is a precious thing to pass to family, but when it is not what the person wants, maybe they can compromise? In the best interest of everyone.

I cannot do anything that is against my wish or will because if I do it I will regret it and pay for it dearly. So no amount of pressure, persuasion or force can make me head a family business which is against my will.

If I have a different vision for another business which is different to that of my family business, I am so sorry, I will pursue it without looking back. In this situation, if I am asked to head a family business when I have a vision for my own, I will reject the offer in order to have my own business. This happen in Mike Adenuga's family. Mike want his son to head his business but the young man has a vision to start another and he rejects the offer.

Of I'm in this kind of situation and I have my own personal goal to chase and achieve I will try to explain to the family amicably because this is a sensitive issue. If they refuse I will go for their choice because if another person handles the family business and it crumble they will put the blame on me

If I were the one that was asked to manage the family business, I will definitely take it no matter if I am not passionate about the business but I will take it for the financial economics of mine that it will improve.

If I was offered to lead the business without knowing anything about the business or knowing how to manage a company, I would tell them that I am not the right person for the job. Once they become aware that I'm not qualified, they should respect my decision for not accepting the offer.

In my case there's no choice to be made as it would always fall to me if there was a scenario like this. Fortunately for me, I studied a business inclined course so I won't have issues with the decision. I feel families make this kind of decisions because they generally have more trust for family members. So it is best you utilize that trust to build the business that was entrusted to you.

If I were Asked to take up the family business against my will, I will hire an expert who is a professional in that line of business to take care of it while I solely focus on my own line of business where I have interest in this is to avoid family chaos at home and the office

You explain to them the danger of doing that if they care to listen. Business requires a lot of challenges and those are normal. it's the motivation and willingness that makes a person to proceed that is only if you want to really do the business

As a part of a family, you are expected to know the tradition of the family you are born into, now if it's the family tradition that as a first child you are expected to take over the family business and you don't want to do that it's better you let the family know that you gave other plans so they can shift the attention to someone else. The major problem is not letting people know that you are not interested in that on time.

I will have to reject such outrightly, I am a human being and I have my own desire and free will. No one can coerce me into doing what I don't want to do and besides this is business, it has to be done with willingness of the heart.

it is very difficult for me to head a business in which I have no interest and knowledge about it.But every parents wants that his children start a buisness and become successful. If I have made the head of business of my family I try to run it best and became it successfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds