Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What type of forums would you like to see more of?

Advertisement Placeholder
I personally myself like forums that have a general discussion niche or an off-topic niche but they seem to be overly popular so that is something I wouldn't like to see more of. Gaming is the same, as much as I love those forums, again they are pretty popular as well.

I currently have a forum that I co-own with @Smokey and we have tried to bring gaming and content creation and streaming together, that is something I don't see too much of in a forum and many people have praised us for what we have created to help content creators and streamers when the discoverability can be so over-saturated. It's definitely helped many streamers meet new people and make new connections and that was our goal.

Honestly I don't mind seeing more webmaster and promotional forums popping up. That just means there are new forums to promote our forums at. xD I think any niche can work out as long as someone is doing something unique. I also wouldn't mind seeing more forums based around mental health/real life issues.

Movie franchise specific forums. They may be tough to run as will only cater to certain people but run with the right owners they could be successful.
Seen this with TV shows and such, but they'd die off after the series ends, or just slowly be inactive after a season ends. There was a successful Futurama forum I recall, and even swore Family Guy and Simpsons years ago.
but they seem to be overly popular so that is something I wouldn't like to see more of.
Yes, but I've made way better connections and friendships on those kind of forums versus other niche/genres. Gaming can be hit or miss IMO.

I’d like a decent new Pokémon forum that is active and well planned.

I think we have seen our share of " make money online " forums. Now that everyone is trying to learn digital skills, something around that niche is going to help a lot.

Teach them how to fish forums ;)

I'd love to see more coding forums for intermediate and expert people - there's no shortage of 'beginner' coding forums that inevitably double up as a sort of replacement to Stack Overflow, but surprisingly few for more experienced people to share their thoughts.

(As for why I don't like Stack Overflow, the reality is that I've never, ever had a single question I *actually* had answered there. Every time I asked, I ended up having to solve it myself anyway, even after offering quite large bounties, and that was the product of my spending a period of time building up the reputation to actually have anything to offer. It's utterly gamified for fastest answer, not even most accurate or most useful at this point.)

Show specific ones can be good - as long as the show remains 'popular' or on-air. I think that's a difficult task to hold up. However, if you get the people interested enough in roleplaying that show it perhaps can last longer than expected.

I think book forums would be able to get popular right about now and I would love to see more of this particular niche. Advertising on BookTok would be so easy. It would be fun for me personally since it is an interest and book reading people like finding other book lovers!

Video game forums could do well - if they have enough promotion and possibly prizes they could earn/win. Gamers will want the possibility to win giftcards/games/etc.

General discussion where they can live and breathe and change as needed could be good... but really it would become the same people, same conversations, and it's difficult to grow.

So really I think a book/gaming/tv/movie one would be awesome with the right audience.

The super niche forums really. Ones dedicated to single series of shows or games, or perhaps very dedicated to a certain tech topic. But as someone already stated, these forums live on the edge as any series or product can rapidly come to an end.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds