Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What things could likely kill your forum?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
I think the biggest thing which could kill a forum is inactivity of the owner (or admin). If this person just stops showing up and caring for the forum, then why should anyone on the forum bother coming around to post? Everyone will assume the site is inactive and slowly leave over time.

Advertisement Placeholder
Definitely. I like to hire a few mods so that if I am unable to be active at some point, there will always be staff around.

Yes Spam will def. kill a site. You need the moderation on the site to keep it clean so others want to visit your forum.

Another reason could be a lack of news updates. If people stop talking about new, current advances in your niche, they will have nothing new to chat about and may get bored.

I think the biggest thing which could kill a forum is inactivity of the owner (or admin). If this person just stops showing up and caring for the forum, then why should anyone on the forum bother coming around to post? Everyone will assume the site is inactive and slowly leave over time.
Preach. I told my staff members this all the time ; here were my words exactly , " If the members see that the staff hasn't been posting or cares about the forum , they will think the same. " . Ugh oh my gosh, I told my staff this so many times and I still had one inactive staff member. He was a bit immature.

But things that can kill your forum is lack of activity ( posts, new members , updates , etc ) , promoting, and contribution from members/staff.

There are certain things that can kill off your forum completely. Here are the things:

1) Irresponsible and arrogant admin.
2) Lack of good contents.
3) Lack of enough active members.
4) Lack of advertising.

Lack of promoting the website and not caring for the website can kill it very easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lack of promoting the website and not caring for the website can kill it very easily.

Not necessarily. Look at big forums for example , ForumPromotion , they don't advertise or promote their forum . Why? Because they don't need to. Their forum is big enough . As for caring for their website, the people who go on ForumPromotion are webmasters and they already know the basics on how to behave on the forum... so there's little trolling, double posting etc. ForumPromotion really doesn't need any maintenance , it can pretty much run by itself.

Design changes, or major changes that the members do not like.

Inactivity can kill the dead forum even more, if you get what I mean.

Personally I think content is more important than design. I go to a forum not because of the design, but because of the contents.
But, people are going to notice the forum design first. You could have content of gold, but if you got a yellow theme, people would leave instantly.

@iPhonefreak

Again, it all depends on what I am looking for in that forum.

If a forum is offering free graphics or free PLR products, I will be active there regardless of crap theme.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds