Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Have you been the only one online in your forum?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Ja sa bong

Credits
How do you feel about coming online in your forum or any forum to find out it is only you who's online? Do you feel motivated to do anything at this point or it discourages which will make you to log out? Members different time zones might be the reason why a forum will not have anyone online at any particular time, this is why I don't feel bothered about this happening to me in any forum.

I feel a little discouraged, but I still will post content on the forum regardless. This will allow potential members to join and start engaging in conversations, likewise it'll give returning members new content to reply to. That's why you should always push to make new content even if you're the only one online.

It has happened to me before, and I put into consideration some factors. Is it a new forum? Like you said, could it be a rest time for members from a different time zone? When last were members online, past few hours or weeks?

It happens daily for me. I don't have a highly active forum, just enough members that log in daily probably to view the resources hidden from guests. It doesn't discourage me too much, as long as there are members that have logged in within 24 hours then I feel like my work is being put to good use.

I’ve never been online on Admin Junkies alone. Former forums I don’t really recall it either. There was always someone on. I do wonder if it has to do with time zones and the audience you have though!

Rarely but yeah, timezones play a part. Sometimes in my afternoon it's quiet as that's evening in USA/Canada and we only have a few people from those areas.

This has happened many times since I decided to re-open Chat Addicts earlier this year. I guess with me running Chat Addicts in the past from 2009 - 2017 before I had to make the tough decision to close it, I know what to expect when things are starting and I do not get discouraged when I see I am the only one online.

I know the more content I put into the forum and the more I promote and advertise, things will slowly get better over time.

I joined a friend's forum and it never really took off. A lot of the topics are mine with no real replies in them. I kind of got frustrated and took a break from the place. Sucks but it happens. Some people are not the best at running a forum.

Yeah and it doesn’t bother me provided a good few have logged in within the past 24 hours and members still post. On my forum I get posts from others almost everyday.

As in the early days of a site when it’s just starting out.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest