Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What skills should a manager have?

A manager should know well how to speak with people, how to convince them to do things and how to punish them when it's needed. A manager should also be tougher than a regular employee because he has to introduce discipline at the employees and he also has to deal with tougher situations because he is the manager he is the ones who manage stuff and who has more important and essential responsibility for both the job and the employees. A manager should be a person who is never too late for the job, and he cannot leave the job too early because he has a greater responsibility for the job. And he definitely should be calm when stressful things happen as you say because he is the one who has to deal with them so it is very important.
That's very true, a manager must know how to speak, when you open your mouth you tell the world who you are, as a manager you are expected to choose your words correctly.

Advertisement Placeholder
Solving the problems of the client should be paramount to every business owners because it is one of the things that will make the business grow very quickly ,without the client the business wouldn't exist.
So many business organisations understand the value of their clients that is why they always try all their possible means to satisfy them. Some who do not understand this may have difficulties satisfying their client's needs in

In situations like that I can understand . The manager is trying to calm down the client. But this should not be expected most of the time but only when the manager was there to encounter the issues. Lower employee should know their responsibilities and handle it perfectly

Actually, there are many different kind of managers. Of course the upper level manager will never get into such issues, but the branch managers is hired to tackle such kind of issues.

Well as a manager you are supposed to have diverse skills that will helped you relate to people because you are dealing with people with different perspectives, understanding and lots more.

I always believe that a manager should have strong people skills. This means that he should be big and have the ability to be able to talk to people and influence them about something.

I always believe that a manager should have strong people skills. This means that he should be big and have the ability to be able to talk to people and influence them about something.
The business manager should be very strong I must have good skills to be able to manage the business properly. If you're not very strong with good managerial skills, it will be very difficult for you to manage the business well.

Well as a manager you are supposed to have diverse skills that will helped you relate to people because you are dealing with people with different perspectives, understanding and lots more.

Actually, there are many different kind of managers. Of course the upper level manager will never get into such issues, but the branch managers is hired to tackle such kind of issues.
Yea, brand managers may be the one to take these responsibilities. It depend on the type of business organisation. some business organisation do not even have a upper level manager.

What skills should a manager have? Do these skills come with personality or are they learned from experience in the workplace? I believe Leadership, Integrity, Maturity, Respect and staying calm under high pressure environments are essential qualities that a manager should have!
A manager should be considerate of all opinions, even the ones from his subordinates. He should also be humble and exhibit positive work attitudes such as punctuality and commitment to the job so as to set an example to the workers in the company

According to me I think a manager must have some leadership skills. The manager must have the capabilities to unify all the employees regardless of their differences in religion, race, political ideologies and so on for the wellbeing of the business.

According to me I think a manager must have some leadership skills. The manager must have the capabilities to unify all the employees regardless of their differences in religion, race, political ideologies and so on for the wellbeing of the business.
In order to be succesful as a manager , you must first be able to manage the people under you succesfully because thats the main benefit and the attributes of a manager , with that managing the business will be easier .

Managers are to possess organized, decision making and authoritative skills. These skills are very vital because they hold the responsibility of managers. An authoritative manager has control over employees which will enable them to obey according to the standards.

Well looking at skills a good manager should know well how to communicate with people, how to persuade and convice them to do things and how to punish them when it's needed. A manager should also be tougher than a regular employee because he has to introduce discipline at the employees and he also has to deal with tougher situations because he is the manager he is the ones who manage stuff and who has more important and essential responsibility for both the job and the employees. A manager should be a person who is never too late for the job, and he cannot leave the job too early because he has a greater responsibility for the job. And he definitely should be calm when stressful things happen as you say because he is the one who has to deal with them so it is very necessary
Communication in business is a key. It is very important that the owner of the business should be able to communicate more effectively with the employees to disseminate information properly

Communication in business is a key. It is very important that the owner of the business should be able to communicate more effectively with the employees to disseminate information properly
You need to have a very good communication skills as a business owner because in the process of disseminating information to your staffs, you need to communicate very well.

You need to have a very good communication skills as a business owner because in the process of disseminating information to your staffs, you need to communicate very well.
You are very correct with your submission because the manager of the business most command good communication skill inorder to disseminate information freely to the employees.

Actually when talking about skills, I believe there are quite a numbers of skills that a manager most have in dealing with issues that are related to that. personel management, conflict management and managerial management are the most important I consider.

Be a responsible person.

Do not always blame the employees when things go wrong.

Try to make things work out by your self as examples speak louder.

A manager should be able to have the basic project management skills. This is something like analysing and also managing the schedules and risk of any given Project.

The business manager should be very strong I must have good skills to be able to manage the business properly. If you're not very strong with good managerial skills, it will be very difficult for you to manage the business well.

Being strong does not necessarily mean being really strict all the time. Being strong could also mean taking strong and ideal decisions for your company and staff as well.

A manager should be be able to communicate with people well, i.e a good communication skills matter, he should be a problem solver, be able to keep to time and should be able to show good examples.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds