Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

👩‍💻 Freelance Services What Skills Are in High Demand in Freelance Marketplaces?

Sharing experiences, advice, and questions about freelancing.
Credits
As a freelancer, I offer different kinds of writing services, from posting on forums to writing blog posts, articles, and even ebooks. Even though, sometimes I also offer web design services and marketing, I mostly offer writing services. However, writing is highly saturated niche. With the evolution of Generative AI tools, there is not much demand for writing. I am thinking to upskill for a change to explore lucrative opportunities in the freelance marketplaces. What skills do you think are in demand on the platforms like Upwork or Fiverr?

Advertisement Placeholder
Skill wise. I think you need to get really good at using the platforms you're selling on. Upwork and Fiverr. You need to get good at marketing on them, using all the features to your advantage and optimizing your pages on there.

If you're not into storytelling and copywriting, start studying that now. Copy is important for trying to sell freelance. You need to get people emotionally involved with their buying decisions. Copy can make that happen.

I like to use the PAS method. Present a Problem, agitate to make it emotional, and provide a solution. It's simple but very effective.

Lastly, you need to become an authority in a narrowed down freelance area. A general do-all freelancer in such a saturated market is doomed to fail. There is too much competition. Narrow down your expertise and become the go-to person for that area.

I exclusively write hiking and backpacking content only as a freelance writer. I know a lot about other topics like blogging and digital marketing, but I don't offer freelance writing for that. I'm known for outdoor recreation content.

Once you have a reputation, it's hard to pass you up even with the advancement of AI.

I've taken a break from freelancing to focus on other things but when I was doing it, I was making $250 to $1,5000 an article.

I've only dabbled in freelance activities in the past, mainly content writing, but I think there's going to be a massive shift in creative works and content generation due to AI.

ChatGPT can write fairly good blog articles, Suno can make entire songs, there are so many different niche-specific generators out there now.

I remember trying to manually edit webpages ten years ago, and now you can spin up entire websites with advanced widgets in no time.
I kind of miss those days. After WordPress came about, I got lazy and did it that way. Now, I've forgotten all of that. But HTML and CSS really changed (for the better) after I quit messing with it after all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 9)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds