Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What job can someone do after retirement.

Most people do not work after retirement but what what has to work after retirement if they are pension it's not enough for them but this simple job you can do after retirement is working in a company which the man's your specialities.
Well there is that too, but the age someone retires from working is probably past 60 so I see no reason to start working again at that age that why I think it's best to invest

Advertisement Placeholder
Everybody makes mistakes, you should know that and the mistake about not saving for retirement should not cause depression, be with peace with yourself first, what's done is done just decide to make money and let the zeal for more money drive you, it's never too late.

After retirement you can engage yourself with a driving job this job is not that stressful and is good for old people, you can also engage yourself with an online job that you can be doing at home.
You have a good point but commercial driving job is for people who are very healthy and medically sound. Some retirees are already suffering from one health issues or the other and driving can be demanding for an elderly person.

I think it would be best for the person to put that experience garnered over the years into good use. It doesn't have to be a back-breaking job just something to get by.

For one seeking job to do after retirement, the online world is nice place to hangout. All the person needs to do is to search for platforms that are quite rewarding and enjoyable

I think one very adviceable business you could invest after retirement is the business of agriculture ,because this have been many people focus on the business they are running

If after retirement and you still feel you are capable and able to carry out some activities, you can start a little farming by your house to keep body and soul together. If you like writing, you can offer to write online and get paid for it at your spare time of course.

yes you are right business is good work after retirement because you need to spend your time and when you will be busy with your business and you will make money then it will good time spend for you
there are so many jobs that one can do after retirement it only depends on the individual to be only to decide whether he or she want to still do a hard job or an easy job. One can be able to start up a grocery store a real estate business after retirement.

It depends on what you are physical capable of when you are retired. If it's something really physical, then i don't think you should go for it.

As someone who has retired, your strength would no longer be as it was before, so it is not advisable to get involved in a work that is burdensome, demanding and stressful. I will advise you to look for businesses that will require little of your efforts. Or better still, invest and earn passive income.
When it comes to the issue of retirement it does not mean the individual involve is weak,some are really strong and can be able to do other tideous work.But the best form of retirement plan is to start planning before retirement,whether business or additional skill.

It depends on what you are physical capable of when you are retired. If it's something really physical, then i don't think you should go for it.
That is right that if you are still strong at age 60 or 70 then you can still work. You may not believe but there is a pedicab driver here who was aged 87 but he was still driving the pedicab to earn money. The pedicab is like a tricycle that is powered by the pedals so the driver has to use his feet.

They can offer teaching lessons to juniors and what not because retirement means you can no longer do and those who can't do teach

If someone makes the mistake of not planning for retirement and because of the mistake he or she is now suffering, what can such person do to make money, and please note that the person is old.
What kind of job can that person do to make money so as to reduce the suffering.
I know of a man who worked as an accountant in the public sector, right now he is a teacher.
So, one of such jobs you can do after retirement is teaching. You can also open a business.
[automerge]1637445440[/automerge]
If someone makes the mistake of not planning for retirement and because of the mistake he or she is now suffering, what can such person do to make money, and please note that the person is old.
What kind of job can that person do to make money so as to reduce the suffering.
Sales of foodstuff can suffice.
The aged retiree has to invest in good stuff sales. At least the money that comes from that can be used to sustain them through their after-retirement.

Last edited:
Well that would then depend on a number of factors - the qualifications of that individual, the expertise of the person too.
It's very clear that strenuous work would never be an option so I'll suggest jobs that require management skills would be the best.

It is expedient that before retirement a worker should have tried their hands on businesses that they have plans to start after retirement, with that they will be able to have mastered it and run it effectively after retirement.

I think the best would be to start a small business because I doubt that there would be any job where such person would be effective, that is if he is able to secure one. He should try businesses that dies not require huge capital such as provision store, fruits and veggies, etc.

I think that a telephone customers service is a great option for elders, since it is not always easy for them to walk, to get stressed, work around younger people who would do the work better just because of their younger age.
All they have to do is to answer a bunch of calls daily and provide the customers some information which isn't that hard even for elders. Or they can do some others jobs as long as its from home.

If after retirement and you still feel you are capable and able to carry out some activities, you can start a little farming by your house to keep body and soul together. If you like writing, you can offer to write online and get paid for it at your spare time of course.
Wll that would be the sole responsibility of the individual that is involved,his capacity and mental strenght would tell if he can still be able to withstand pressure of the job activities.

The work you did before retiring will assist you make a decision.
For me, the most common piece of advise is to invest in agriculture.
Farming is a wise investment because it frees up time for other activities.

This is the time for you to relax, hence it will be best to choose something that gives you room to do just that. I would go into agriculture, on a small or medium scale, but some people don't like that so it won't work for them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds