Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is your experience with Adsense?

Alexandoy

Captain Junkie
Credits
My blog and YouTube channel are monetized by Adsense. It was my passive or residual income that I earn $100 or $200 a year depending on the traffic. But when Adsense changed its policy on the rate of revenue sharing, slashing by 50% was too harsh for me. I felt insulted and that made me lose my drive to post. My blog has been inactive since that change of policy. With my videos I seldom post although I think last year I had posted 3 videos.

Advertisement Placeholder
I started using Adsense in my self hosted blog in 2015. I was able to withdraw two years later. Can you believe it took 2 years to earn $100 on adsesne? Currently, I am using Adsesne on 6 different sites and I reach payout threshold every month. How much I earn, I cannot reveal in a public platform. Since adsesne earning is not very great, I run other ad networks with adsesne so that I can earn enough to sustain my life.

I don't have a blog or youtube channel, therefore, I am yet to try adsense, however, I am planning to create a blog and youtube channel and start using adsense. Until I use it myself, I cannotsay how good or bad is adsense.

I have had an Adsense account for years. I got it when I joined HubPages and got one first time. It became very useful when I joined the Q&A site WebAnswers because I needed one to get paid there but there were people who had tried time and time again and could not get in as I think it got stricter after an update. These days I don't use it but it's nice to know I have it should I need it.

I know you can use adsense on your own website (or youtube channel or google blog), however, I do not know about using adsense on third party site just like you mentioned @Sprite1950 Can you please explain?

I know you can use adsense on your own website (or youtube channel or google blog), however, I do not know about using adsense on third party site just like you mentioned @Sprite1950 Can you please explain?
I used to belong to a Q&A site called WebAnswers. We were paid through Adsense so when we joined we would submit 50 answers to Google Adsense to see if the quality of our content was good enough. If they approved it we could carry on answering questions and ads would be placed on the pages we wrote on. When people looking for answers visited the site and clicked on the ads (we were not allowed to) we would get paid. It would take me around 2 months to earn $100 through Adsense

So you were earning $50 per month from Adsense in average. That's a goo income, I guess considering a fact that a lot of small bloggers are not earning that amount even in one year. can we still use adsense for third party site (the site we don't own).

I heard about the new AdSense rules and I think that it's a bit harsh too but then again that is the thing about business, anything can happen so one should prepare for the worst.

As for me I'm still trying to get approved on Google AdSense since I created my blog. It's really demoralizing to think that after posting good content on my blog Google AdSense still don't find my blog worthy for ads

I find it really difficult to understand why google has been so inconsiderate in it's policies for these past few years. All I can say is that they might be risking loosing it out to competitors.

I heard about the new AdSense rules and I think that it's a bit harsh too but then again that is the thing about business, anything can happen so one should prepare for the worst.
The worst would always show at some time, but it is still better for platforms like Google to avoid making such harsh measures that would affect AdSense earners.

The worst would always show at some time, but it is still better for platforms like Google to avoid making such harsh measures that would affect AdSense earners.
It's part of the tough decisions big business have to make sometimes they have to cut out on some things but it's always for the better image for the company.

I feel sad by reading all the above comments . My plan is to start blogging very soon in order to apply for Google Adsense but what you people are saying about this Adsense is not encouraging at all.

I gave up on Google adsense when I was accepted even when it took me almost three months to know how Google adsense works. Going with Theo recent policy will make blogging less lucrative.

As for me I'm still trying to get approved on Google AdSense since I created my blog. It's really demoralizing to think that after posting good content on my blog Google AdSense still don't find my blog worthy for ads
Suspiciously, Google Adsense is turning into something else. I heard about it in 2009 when getting approval wasn't as hard as it is now.
[automerge]1628444908[/automerge]
I find it really difficult to understand why google has been so inconsiderate in it's policies for these past few years. All I can say is that they might be risking loosing it out to competitors.
They will surely lose it to competitors if they don't change the policies for the happiness of the earner because there are many earning programs out there that are struggling to rank #1.

Last edited:
You may get approved from adsense even if you do not have a traffic but without substantial amount of traffic you cannot actually earn from adsense. A lot of small website owner cannot even reach payment threshold.

I feel sad by reading all the above comments . My plan is to start blogging very soon in order to apply for Google Adsense but what you people are saying about this Adsense is not encouraging at all.
You should never let these things discourage you, instead try to focus on what you would do to get you at an advantaged position over these odds.

I have not yet started using Adsense since I don't have a blog or YouTube channel currently. I used to think that it is the best platform to monetize but it turns out that most people say that the site does not pay much. I will research for other platforms to use for monetization.

You should never let these things discourage you, instead try to focus on what you would do to get you at an advantaged position over these odds.
That you for the words of encouragement. With your advice, I will surely go back, give it a try and see what the results will be. Thanks once again.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds