Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between management and leadership?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits

I think the difference, is that if you manage, you only get people willing to do only the bare minimum of their job. Someone with leadership qualities will do their best to help encourage people to do more than the bare minimum, and perhaps even seek to go above and beyond.

Advertisement Placeholder
Management skills are used to plan, create, and control organizational structures in order to achieve objectives and goals, whereas leadership skills are used to focus on a possible change by creating direction, aligning people, and motivating and inspiring others.

A manager believes in planning, controlling, and seeing that the job is done but a leader leads by examples, works with the team makes sure every is being carried along.

I think the difference, is that if you manage, you only get people willing to do only the bare minimum of their job. Someone with leadership qualities will do their best to help encourage people to do more than the bare minimum, and perhaps even seek to go above and beyond.
There are some similarities between leadership and management and that is because both leaders and managers to pretend over the affairs of your organisation but the only difference between management and leaders is that the managers actually are involved in the running of the organisation and they give directions to the employees and workers in the business to move It forward.

The difference between leadership and management is not something too far from each other even though a manager can also be refer to as a leader in some organisations but in some a leader can be considered as the entrepreneur while a manager is that who is employed by the entrepreneur to direct the affairs of an organisation.

The different between leadership and management is not something too beyond differenciate because in some organization manager is also take alot of responsibilities that laid and which are also necessary to handle.

Management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success.

A very good leader is a very good manager of both people and resources. But not all good managers are good leaders. Therefore, with leadership, people gets to follow your lead because they believe in you.

I believe management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward the growth and organizational success.

Leadership and management is similar but there is a slight difference.
Management is a structure body in an organisation, association or companies where leaders of different units take major decisions.

While Leadership is the other hand is can be anybody or group of people who have the capacities to influence and direct people in an organisation or community.

A manager believes in planning, controlling, and seeing that the job is done but a leader leads by examples, works with the team makes sure every is being carried along.
Nice description. But I believe a business needs more of a leader than a manager. It's evident in the businesses around us. Most managers don't even partake in the business

Nice description. But I believe a business needs more of a leader than a manager. It's evident in the businesses around us. Most managers don't even partake in the business
I agree with you, there's a vacuum in the job space recently mainly because employees are quitting to set up something for themselves because they had more of a manager than a leader who would lead by example.

I do not think there is much difference as a good manager is also a good leader and a good leader is also a good manager. I think the word leader and manager in the business community are just the wordplay.

A manager should be a leader too,but sadly this doesn't go for all. A leader will carry every one along while making sure he does his work for the convenience of the people.Most managers today are just concerned a bout their profit and nothing else but this should not be so.

Management skills are used to plan, create, and control organizational structures in order to achieve objectives and goals, whereas leadership skills are used to focus on a possible change by creating direction, aligning people, and motivating and inspiring others.
I believe management in a company is overseeing , planning , controlling and tightening loose ends of a company while a leadership is to lead and motivate the members of the company.

A leader leads and manages as well. Managing requires the effective running of the organization and this is one of the core duties of a leader. The way a leader manages a company proves his leadership prowess.

I believe that a manager is a leader.
Although we have many managers without leadership qualities.
Just as a leader would lead his followers by example, a manager is suppose to lead the affairs of a business to a success.

I think one of the basic difference between management and leadership is the fact that the manager can only give directions and commands to his or her employee; however, a leader has the ability to assess the situation in a correct manner and lead his employees. A manager usually caters the needs of cutomers whereas the leader guides and instructs the employees in a proper way.

Well, to be honest I think they are interwoven, to be a good leader you need to be a good manager and be able to manage and lead people efficiently.

Management has to do with the overall seeing of an organization noting and seeing that it is coordinated, planned, financed effectively while leadership has to do with one's personal attribute to control a particular group of people to do as he instructs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds