Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What is the best forum software to use?

Vaador

Credits
I'm just wondering on the thoughts of the community on which is the best forum software to use?

I mainly stick with MyBB.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you are looking for a free software you can continue to stick with MyBB. It's really good for a free one. But if you are looking for a premium software I will recommend XenForo or Invision Power Boards.

It depends on your ability as a web developer. For instance, if you cannot operate an FTP or your hosting/internet setup won't allow fast enough uploading, then SMF and bbPress might be your best choices. However, otherwise, it seems to become a subjective thing. Nonetheless, it is true the premium brands have more knick-knacks included with less hassle.

I wouldn't say the best. Each person has there likes and dislikes about forum based software. And yet again comes down to what you need it for since each software is different and each on might not get a plugin that they needed.

The as for the owner, he/she might go with this since it's easy or can code for it. I use IPB as it's easy, admin is made very good and it has so much options plus the theme is just gets better

MyBB recently got some responsive theme projects. They are free as far as I know. That is one area where they had issues.
Before "mobile" became the in thing, myBB was my poison of choice for the open source scripts, even above SMF. But once mobile use became more prevalent, it quickly fell to the bottom of the pack. it STILL has issues and requires special themes (last time I looked) to get responsive capability, and that should already be native to it.
That in itself is one of the major reasons I avoid it for consideration for any project.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds